neon neon..stainless style.. (3 Viewers)

the departed

im liking this lots. some of the hip hop stuff feels mad outta place. but damn its like the 80s all over again...
and anyone who bases an album around this:
1981_Delorean_DMC12.jpg

is down with me.

and gruff rhys rules.

picked this up and was listening to it last night - great stuff indeed.

you cant beat a bit of 80s done well like Zoot Woman did!

Deadly album, particularly Sweat Shop. Certainly better than the last three Furries albums as well!!

Deadly album, particularly Sweat Shop. Certainly better than the last three Furries albums as well!!

eh......... get your hearing checked mate.
Phantom power is pretty damn great. Love kraft is almost as good and Hey Venus has its moments.

this album is pretty fun but like most 80s stuff, i dont think it will stand the test of time. its a bit 80s-novelty.
having said that, theres some nice little numbers on it tough. nothing earth-shattering

The Boom Bip solo stuff is pretty cool too.

the Boom Bip Stuff is better than this. by a long shot. as is Gruff's solo stuff too.

this a fun album but i dont see it making an appearance on my CD player in a few years down the line, unlike everything else ive mentioned.

eh......... get your hearing checked mate.
Phantom power is pretty damn great. Love kraft is almost as good and Hey Venus has its moments.

Point taken about Phantom Power (Slow Life is one of their best tunes) but Love Kraft and Hey Venus.... they're not bad but i never feel the urge to listen to them and i know a lot of hardcore Furry fans who feel the same.

I wasn't a big fan of the last two Super Furries albums but really like the Stainles Style, I've been listening to it almost non stop since I've got it.

One of my mates said it was like The Postal Service with had me a bit worried but I think he meant more in concept rather then music.

Greatest Album Edit
I'll go for Radiator if I was pushed, I meant to start a poll on it before but I don't have the powers.

Point taken about Phantom Power (Slow Life is one of their best tunes) but Love Kraft and Hey Venus.... they're not bad but i never feel the urge to listen to them and i know a lot of hardcore Furry fans who feel the same.

Yeah, I could leave Love KRaft & Venus... Guerilla is awesome but I'll always have a soft spot for Rings. :)

is gorilla the best SFA album??
im a bit of a late bloomer here. just getting into em.

my order of SFA Albums:
1 - Rings around the worrld (an obvious choice but for a reason). fucking amazing.
2 - Mwng.
3 - Guerrilla.
4 - Radiator
5 - Phantom Power
6 - Love Kraft
7 - Fuzzy Logic
8 - Hey Venus.

songs from Fuzzy Logic & Radiator are all about the fun and madness but the songs just arent as strong as their later stuff.

Few EPs aswell and of course, there's 'Outspaced' (bside collection etc, also contains 'the man dont give a fuck' from earlier EP) which is a fantastic collection of songs in its own right.
and that 'Songbook' singles compilation (has 'ice hockey hair' thats off an earlier non-album release).

go mad lads.

Also, recently bought 'Omni' by The Acid Casuals (Cian, the Keyboardist's project) and its better than the last two 2 SFA albums. features other members of SFA playing on it.
great stuff. his more electronic stuff is mad altogether too!

The Peth is also Daf's (the drummer) side project. sounds poppy and promising! theu have 11 songs recorded and should be released sometime this year.

Also, recently bought 'Omni' by The Acid Casuals (Cian, the Keyboardist's project) and its better than the last two 2 SFA albums. features other members of SFA playing on it.
great stuff. his more electronic stuff is mad altogether too!
Anything like his "The Man Don't Give a Fuck" live wig outs? He did a savage one at the Leeds Carling festival in 2004 - went on for about 20 minutes. Similar to the live single.

Anything like his "The Man Don't Give a Fuck" live wig outs? He did a savage one at the Leeds Carling festival in 2004 - went on for about 20 minutes. Similar to the live single.
well, the album i have is very chilled out. like SFA's e;ectronic side. went to a DJ set of theirs at an SFA aftershow rave in November. was fucking mental. crazy stuff. was great though.

playing Corsica studios again here in a few weeks so looking forward to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back