My parents are proper boggers... (1 Viewer)

Am I right in thinking that you can get it from drinking from bottles in pubs? I think someone died of it in Donegal a few years back.

You get Weil's from ingesting water contaminated with pee from a rat infected with the disease.
Its bacterial, so, they can make spores and be tough.
So, ehh, if there were rats crawling about cellars, possible, with Weils, also possible, and they wee'd on the bottles, then, yeah, I suppose you could catch it off bottles.

But, like, I used to do a lot of caving, and paddling rivers (including the Liffey) in flood, and I would get water in my mouth a bit, and I was more or less grand.
You would probably not think about it too much is what my point is anyway.

Weil's disease is possibly the most horrible thing you could catch. My mate's only recovered from getting it before Christmas and he was lucky.

I'm pretty sure cancer of the bones is worse.

Weil's disease isn't that easy to catch. As Flashback says, people go into all sorts of rat infested areas all the time. Kids are more at risk, of course, 'cos they're smaller and they eat everything.

But, of course, if you think you've come into contact with rat's piss and you think you may have ingested it, get thee to a hospital for some anti-biotics.

But, of course, if you think you've come into contact with rat's piss and you think you may have ingested it, get thee to a hospital for some anti-biotics.

Yeah... well, I mean, I definately got violently sick after one Liffey Descent, so I ingested Liffey flood water, and I was seriously wrecked, but never Veil's.

Just cause you have been in probably contaminated water doesnt mean you should go looking for antibiotics though I think.
If you come out from a cave or something, and start getting flu-like symptoms, then get yourself to the local medic and tell him to test you.
Be very clear, you are talking about Weil's, dont ever assume that a Doctor is smarter than you or will somehow will just know that this is a possiblity, because often they are not and wont.

I'm pretty sure cancer of the bones is worse.

Weil's disease isn't that easy to catch. As Flashback says, people go into all sorts of rat infested areas all the time. Kids are more at risk, of course, 'cos they're smaller and they eat everything.

No its not the worst thing you could catch but its pretty horrible experience all the same. I think of loads of way worse things too I was just being dramatic aren't I allowed that?

Not quite as serious as "as serious as cancer" though.

As serious as rabies..., meh, pretty serious.

As serious as a cold and a bit of sniffles... pfttt, that that serious.

As serious as a headache, like, totally ripping the piss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back