My parents are proper boggers... (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

We're cleaning out an attic to one of our old out houses and theres various black bags to go through..

Then we pick up one bag... my ma emptys it out.. Its full of papers from the death of Bobby Kennedy and the popes visit to Ireland.

My Da tells her to get rid of them, but she point blank refuses because Bobby Kennedy was a good man.

Thats right up there with my aunts JFK and Jackie O Nasis plate...

I dunno, I didnt go near them. Might have a look and take a few pics later. Rats piss and all on them I say no matter how much she tells me theres no rats up there.

Weil's disease is possibly the most horrible thing you could catch. My mate's only recovered from getting it before Christmas and he was lucky.
holy shit how did he pick that up?

edit: i know you get it from rat piss, but did he get it from working outdoors or what?

yes, it's awful. Your friend is lucky - really knocks it out of you and that's getting away lightly.

My Dad knew someone who died from it.

Am I right in thinking that you can get it from drinking from bottles in pubs? I think someone died of it in Donegal a few years back.

Aww its grand, im probaly immune.

Always remember me...

No such thing. You do have to get it into your system though so you're fairly safe as long as you don't put your hands in your mouth/nose etc.

Ciansy if rats have pissed on the bottles then yes and I'm pretty sure someone did die from it in Donegal.

My mate's a swift water rescue instructor so he got it from swimming in stagnant water which obviously had rats pissing in it..

Theres a scrapbook up in my press right now above me that my dad did of the Pope's visit.. Its huge.. He bought every paper that was out on every day he visited and put every article in it. He also went to Pheonix Park. For someone from Waterford, thats a big trip up to the "Big Shmoke" (my mam still calls Dublin this)

Do we have any thumpeders called John-Paul?

My parents have a JFK/Jackie O plate. I guess they are solid boggers, though I never really thought about it...my mam does occasionally says childer instead of children... COULD THIS BE A SIGN?

childer is a jackeen word surely?

is it?

oh.

hmm.

she says "it's behind backs" instead of it's behind you....and she gives the word Wednesday an extra syllable...Weddensdee.

Her accent isn't that strong at all, but her brother who has also lived in Dublin for 40+ years hasn't lost his Cavan drawl a single bit, it's mad.

My dad says wodious, but that's probably another day's work..

ok, enough

hmmm, sounds like your mother might be harbouring a secret , the way her accent slips so much

i bet if you look in the attic you'll find a folder full of false passports and other documents with your mothers photo on them

I put it to you that she is in fact an international spy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back