• Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I woke up at 6.30 after dreaming about my mate Keith playing country guitar on a giant nacho at a house party in Killbarrack.

But THE ITCH WAS ABSENT!

GO FAKE ZIRTEK!

pete; can you make this into a sticky or a subforum or something.Its a chat hole.

Pleasurable Complaints and anything else anyone wants to get off their weedy indie bedwetting chests.

And if anyone dosent like it.Start a thread about it.

Aww yaeh..and last night at 4am I fixed the fan on my gfx card.GO ME

Edit..mind you I lost a 3mm diameter washer yoke off it..so I'm expecting it to fly out the window at any moment.Still buh n all

Erm...I'm pretty much good to go anytime you want Corm...except Tuesdays and Wednesdays..I'm looking forward to it.

itchy ball-sack

220px-Balzac.jpg

Honoré de Balzac.

I read last night that when the beatles were recording Happiness Is A Warm Gun they recorded 70 takes of the basic track before settling on take 53 and 65 as the best ones and editing them together for overdubbing. They recorded 67 takes of Long Long Long. The Scientician - you might want to remember that perfection takes time, a whole lotta patience and time, when you call over to TRANSFORMATION's gaff to record your ep.

Good advice there from Shaney.Wish I could take it myself

I cant imagine 70 takes of one song..I would loathe a song at the end of it and never want to play it again

I prolly do about 30 vocal takes on some stuff.And I do love it!

Autotune is pants..Iknow yer only joking though.,but yer quicker redoing if you wanna make it convincing.Good on bass though if you fuck it up!

Man,I forgot how nice instant noodles are.

I just thought of an upside to the demise of traditional high street music retailers.Its now only about a days work to personally take care of your distribution.

I mean if you had a bassline recorded and the player wasnt the may west on the day or whatever.Works wonders without the need for any awkwardness.

Edit..good luck with that bass/drum machine theory!

ah i mean it in the sense of i've about 30 demos i've played to people, and nobody ever turns around and says 'eh, wait, have you looped the bass for that whole verse?'.

edit... also, the tuners on my bass are almost invincible, not really used to tuning problems.

People only notice when theres something wrong.

I don't like looping the bass...makes it TOO mechanical in the groove department..if you play the thing through you tend to push ahead ever so slightly...gives it some PEP!

if your a pushed player (i'm nearly on the next beat half the time) everything i track is pushed anyways. Also some of the basslines on this stuff, you'd nearly pass out with boredom playing them for 4 minutes.

These burritos arent gonna cook themselves

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back