Max Joy Club::: ZOMBIE ZOMBIE | CAP PAS CAP (1 Viewer)

M. Stratosphere

After 2½ years we are taking a break from running a regular club night. It’s been an incredible time during which we have worked with some amazing people and had fabulous nights in which we had the chance to inflict our musical passions on the masses. We’re not going away though as we have a series of one off shows lined up with the likes of CHROMATICS, GLASS CANDY, EMPEROR MACHINE and of course the B-MUSIC crew. Also we plan on releasing a series of records from the summer onwards on our own imprint YeYe Records.

….so what’s in store for our last night? Only two cracking bands, with Micí and Darren inflicting some dance floor devilment lashing out their favourite Max Joy slabs of wax, THAT’S WHAT!!

First up, CAP PAS CAP who are one of the finest bands performing around at the moment, these yung uns know their sh*t and are not afraid to have a good time either! Definitely our kind of people.
Being fans of all things krautrock psychedelic and electro we thought why not get an act in that encompasses all these things, so we did! ZOMBIE ZOMBIE are from Paris and kick ass, like Silver Apples jamming with John Carpenter and Model 500. These bands are going to blow the roof off da sucker! Hopefully we’ll see you there.

MAXIMUM JOY CLUB
ZOMBIE ZOMBIE | CAP PAS CAP
DJ's MICÍ & DARREN (MXJY)
LET’S BOLT DJ’S

Underground @ Kennedy’s, Westland Row, Dublin
From 10 til late
April 25th; €10

www.myspace.com/maximumjoyclub
www.myspace.com/therealzombiezombie
www.myspace.com/cappascap

ZOMBIE ZOMBIE(VERSATILE)

PSYCHEDELIC ELECTRO (PARIS / FRANCE / VERSATILE)

Vintage & Analogic Electro-Kraut : Zombie Zombie is Etienne Jaumet, (
www.myspace.com/etiennejaumet ) sax and a collector of vintage synthesisers and Neman, drummer of Herman Düne,( www.myspace.com/therealhermandune ) A couple of lines on monophonic synths plus some mean krautrock drums is their game. Album to be release on Versatile (Joakim, I:Cube) early 2008.

"Can meets Suicide meets Cosmodrome meets LFO meets John Carpenter meets Sonic Boom. Scary" (Chronic'Art).
"I really enjoyed them! Fine example of how rock and dance can be tasteful, energetic without break down the walls distorted synths or guitars. Bravo !" (Nick Chacona)
"'Driving This Road' could be a lost Can anthem ! 4,5/5" DJ Mag.

Myspace : www.myspace.com/therealzombiezombie

CAP PAS CAP(SKINNY WOLVES RECORDS)

KRAUT NO WAVE PUNK

CAP PAS CAP are a heady mix of disorder. Jagged guitar and irregular vocals vie with pulsating motorik rhythms to create a lean and dispassionate neu punk sound. Their first 12" 'Not Not Is Fine' sold out in a matter of weeks and they have shared stages with Les Georges Leningrad, These New Puritans, James Chance, Crystal Castles, The Go Team and the Gossip amongst others.

In 2006, Japanese label, Rallye Klee picked up on the record and repressed a CD version, slotting nicely into their catalog between new label mates; Klaxons, Yacht, Au Revoir Simone, Teenagers etc...

In Spring 2007, CAP PAS CAP will release a split 7" with MARNIE STERN as part of the Hidden Hive singles club, along side Fog, Jesu, Tunng, Le Loup and others.

At the moment, CAP PAS CAP are working with producer Al O Connell (Rapture, Black Strobe, Sh*t Disco, Futureheads) to record their debut album, due out this year.

Quotes:
"Hints of bands like BUSH TETRAS, PYLON, early SONIC YOUTH and many more come to mind - but the best thing is that CAP PAS CAP turn all this into a sound of their own! Not only the best thing out of Ireland since many many years, but maybe as well one of the best records of this and last year!" - X-MIST, Germany"Fantastic debut EP from Dublin's Cap Pas Cap who skillfully combine elements of Sonic Youth, LCD Soundsystem, the Rapture and the Cure to create a wonderful indie-post-punk meltdown." Picadilly Records, Manchester

"Cap Pas Cap occupy that awkward no-man's-land where Sonic Youth, Talking Heads and !!! might get it on at Frank Zappa's slumber party" Dazed & Confused Magazine

Fair play lads
Zombie Zombie cork show, with support from Kevin Blake (Electric underground)
Zombie_web.jpg

Fair play to yis, ye lovely feckers.
Go on the Erkin.

:) cheers dude.
will defo bring some of Mr Koray's 7" with me for this one :cool:

hey P, next B-Music is June, will have to double check the date. best just give the babysitter the heads up now mind :)

:) cheers dude.
will defo bring some of Mr Koray's 7" with me for this one :cool:

Winner. I found the turkish Ebay with tons of his 7"s. I'm sticking with the cheapskate reissues I think, other than the one with Ter which is maybe filthy and noisy enough to require hunting down!

Have you heard the Finders Keepers/BMusic reissue of Ersen?

Winner. I found the turkish Ebay with tons of his 7"s. I'm sticking with the cheapskate reissues I think, other than the one with Ter which is maybe filthy and noisy enough to require hunting down!

yeah found that too, but its in bloody Turkish so can't use it!! have you found a crack? i've picked up a few bits quiet cheap, some stuff goes for crazy money, not even some of the best stuff, but i guess its rare as hens teeth, thats what you get for melting all your records wha!!

know one track off it, but to answer your question no. loads of the main man Baris Manco's backing band played on it is all i know of it. i know there also doing a Baris Manco and Zafer Dilek comp, as well as a Persian comp. looking forward to the Persian one, it has 2 tracks from this Iranian woman called Googoosh, amazing stuff, but even rarer again, the mullas banned all music and burned the lt, was a crime to have records in your home!!! crazy stuff. can you tell i'm into this stuff yet :p:rolleyes: the girlfriend keeps saying our house is turning into alli babs cave:)

oh and check out some peruvian stuff while your at it....

It's fairly good. Played it again this morning and bits are starting to stick out.

picked up Erkin's Electronic Turkler reissue LP a few weeks ago. Smashing.

picked up Erkin's Electronic Turkler reissue LP a few weeks ago. Smashing.

Aye, me too. Winner. Found some great Baris Manco on youtube. Not bought owt by him yet though. Have an MP3ified version of the Daglar Daglar LP, which is great.

Peru: I only know We All Together. I got the Uruguayan Limonada CD, which is very nice. How are those 2 you mentioned, Paul?

Either of you gents fans of Juan Dela Cruz, what with this Jonny Foreign talk?

Aye, me too. Winner. Found some great Baris Manco on youtube. Not bought owt by him yet though. Have an MP3ified version of the Daglar Daglar LP, which is great.

Peru: I only know We All Together. I got the Uruguayan Limonada CD, which is very nice. How are those 2 you mentioned, Paul?

Either of you gents fans of Juan Dela Cruz, what with this Jonny Foreign talk?

he he Jonny Foreigner rules!! don't get me started on the Polish and Hungarian stuff now either :rolleyes:

have a few Baris 7's no LP's of yet, got them cheap, and one i got my girlfriend to get me for christmas. have one Zafer Dilek LP too. that Erkin record is a collection of singles but is probably the best LP.

as for the Peru stuff its more heavy rock and garage, have been burnt by Peruvian sellers as have a lot of people, lots of phantom crack going on, have picked up a few 7's of late for less than 5eu. check out Pax, more rock. and lots of garage bands like Los Dolos and Los Holys. Los Holys are great instrumental surf styley with mad synths over the top, there is a re-issue of there first LP about, and considered to the 1st Peruvian psych record too

my home laptop has given up the ghost this week, hard drive has just gone, but i'll sort it and do up a mix of some of this foreign muck :)

now back to plugging the gig lads...tsk :rolleyes::p:)

Good good. We could stick old psychey comps on rapidshare or summat in a new jonny foreigner thread.

Interview in FACT MAGAZINE with Zombie Zombie

http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/da/73672

There is no colder moment ever than that when Assault On Precinct 13’s kid’s song warps icily into John Carpenter’s key line. Zombie Zombie have taken that moment and run with it, forming a band which moulds slasher stories and horror movies into slo-mo-disco-meets-krautrock jam epics. Less a side-project than a juvenile obsession, the duo formed around the studio spaces of Paris in the first half of this decade, fascinated equally by the horror films of Dario Argento as by their Goblin soundtracks.

“The music that soundtracks these films is so atmospheric. It is about creating a physical reaction as much as it is about the sounds themselves,” says the improbably titled drummer and soundsmith, Cosmic Neman, who makes the music with Etienne Jaumet, a free-jazz saxophonist, sound engineer and electronic handyman by day. Live, they are joined by Romain Turzi, Jay from Friction and David Ivar.

The pair’s rise has been pretty spectacular. Originally “something fun to do at parties”, they were snapped up by Parisian electro label Versatile after releasing an EP on Boomboomtchak. Last summer they were first on the bill at the End Of The Road festival; this month they opened for the Silver Apples at their reunion show in Paris. Whether the band’s involvement with cardigan-rock heroes Herman Düne (Neman bangs their drums as well) has oiled their wheels is anyone’s guess – Neman is loath to see this band as a side project, saying “this is just fun, but so is Herman Düne. Different kinds of fun” – but some of the antifolk band has rubbed off on ZZ.)
Firstly, there’s the commitment to obsolete instruments:

“We use hardly anything made after 1980. With computer programs, you can do anything, so you end up playing them. With an old synthesizer, they are so temperamental that they end up playing you.”

Then there’s the impressive commitment to misinformation and myth-making: rumours of unnatural phenomena (walls have reportedly bled and strange marks have appeared on people’s bodies at their gig) are neither confirmed nor denied.

Debut album A Land For Renegades was conceived as the soundtrack to an imaginary road movie about two mercenaries racing against the night, hounded by unseen forces. Apart from a rather daft track about a “nightclub where Iggy Pop and David Bowie’s ghosts are performing”, it’s a brilliant conception – while bits wouldn’t sound out of place on Italians Do It Better, it’s more soundstage than Studio 54. As well as John Carpenter and Goblin, there’s bits of Popul Vuh’s stuff for Herzog. There’s a definite shade of Suicide’s more cinematic moments in the mix – a band with whom they share an absolute will to fuck us up.

"To make you feel, I drum like a heartbeat. There are screams and pacings on the record. I want us to sound like fun, but fun that is so close you can feel it, you can smell it, so it makes you jump.”

MAXIMUM JOY CLUB
ZOMBIE ZOMBIE | CAP PAS CAP
DJ's MICÍ & DARREN (MXJY)
LET’S BOLT DJ’S

Underground @ Kennedy’s, Westland Row, Dublin
From 10 til late
April 25th; €10

www.myspace.com/maximumjoyclub
www.myspace.com/therealzombiezombie
www.myspace.com/cappascap

/// New CAP PAS CAP Live Recording up on myspace ///

WE ARE MEN : Recorded at the Oonagh Young Gallery Launch Party, Liberty Corner, Dublin. Wednesday 27th March 2008.

Recording by Rooster from Twinkranes/ Pretagati Recordings
www.myspace.com/pretagati

"Driving this road until death sets you free" new ZZ video!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A remake of John Carpenter's movie "The Thing", in stopmotion with GiJoes!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back