Manics to release B-sides and covers Album (1 Viewer)

thickaspigshit

Website
Visit site
Anyone got a match.

I cant understand why they are doing this because tho im a big big manics 'fan' I cant see the logic.

Its a good thing but unless theyre gonna try and hit the charts with an acoustic 'Cant take my eyes off you' for Euro 2004 when Wales qualify or something what is this record trying to achieve. It will alienate the general public (see Mondeo drivers circa 1996) and and ...I dont know. Just seems strange.

20 B-sides and 14 covers on one album. It almost sounds 1991 again.

"I cant understand why they are doing this because tho im a big big manics 'fan' I cant see the logic."

One word answer: SONY

also the reason why those ads for holidays in australia feature a tune by the band called, um, anyone know?

i saw this documentary on them where they were hanging about their shithole town in sheepshagland and nicky wire was proud of the fact that he's written a number one sone with the opening lyric "libraries gave us power" - the schmuck probably didn't realise that the reason it sold (if anyone remembers their indie disco's at the time) was to pissheads, who bought it so they could sing along to the line "we don't care about love - we only wanna get drunk".

only sad and bad thing about MSP is that richie edwards took it all too seriously and mixed with depression, anorexia and alcoholism decided to end it all. he was truely the soul and conscience of that band. and i wasn't even a fan but could see that.

I grimace every time I hear that ad I admit.

I saw the documentary set around Blackwood and Cardiff. It was watchable tho even for a neutral I guess, makes you realise they were brought up in a very hard edged mining community were boys were men and men were down t'pit.
The times they grew up it was all ending thanks to maggie, Imagine what it would be like to see a group of lads walkin round in eyeliner and makeup....doesnt sound too odd I guess (in dublin), but in a working class district a few miles from Newport, its strange.

Some people are born in 'shitholes' an dont get a choice where to live but they got to where they are now through hard work and good songs and theyre obviously saying fuck it, we've done the hard work.
Fair enough I say, ok so they dont want to take over the world and bring down parliament any more, they wont break america, they cant give a shit and they have F. Castro's autograph to keep america 'over there' and they are 'over here'.

If someone plays 10 years for their football team or country they get a testimonial, where people come to see you play badly but remember the good years. No one complains about that.

Sorry, its just every time Ive seen the Manics play, apart from the below average stadium gigs designed to encompass the Mondeo Minority, they have put so much energy into the gig and im bored now..................
.|..|

Originally posted by thickaspigshit
I cant understand why they are doing this because tho im a big big manics 'fan' I cant see the logic.

I can see some logic, not loads, but a sufficient amount. I'm way too young (que 'you werent there man' posts) to have been into the manics b-side stuff that they are rehashing at the minute, so I wanna get that album to catch up on all the valuable times I could have spent with early manics b-sides. The only one I have is the masses Vs... cd (close my eye's - deadly) so its woth it for a spud like me...

They really have sold it to shit though..

Re: Re: Manics to release B-sides and covers Album

Originally posted by captain anomie
I can see some logic, not loads, but a sufficient amount. I'm way too young (que 'you werent there man' posts) to have been into the manics b-side stuff that they are rehashing at the minute, so I wanna get that album to catch up on all the valuable times I could have spent with early manics b-sides. The only one I have is the masses Vs... cd (close my eye's - deadly) so its woth it for a spud like me...

They really have sold it to shit though..

There's very few manics b-sides that are up to much, as i said in another post, i've got pretty much everything they've ever recorded on various formats(including about an albums worth if stuff that was changed or just not released) and there's not gonna be a huge amount on the compilation to get excited over.

~Fuck it, It' just gonna have to reveal the subtext of my previous post.
Y'know that thing where even if you're told its shite you still buy it?
The only person I know who has all those BSIDES is too much of a nut-job to approach so I have to thank JBD and sony for maiking it possible for me to buy the shitty bsides without having to approach a lunatic.

ENOLAAPRICK

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back