Loss Assessors/Insurance companies (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Anyone know the 24-hour emergency number for JLT insurance?

And also, does anyone know anything about loss assessors? Are they a scam, or are they actually helpful?

We can't figure out what the hell is going on, and the City Council info on that flooding website just gives really vague tips like, "Make sure your house doesn't get robbed!" and "Get a dehumidifier!" As if this would have happened even if the place had proper drainage.

Let's culvert all of the rivers and build on the flood plains! Sher, t'will be grand.

The city doesn't want to know about the fucking floods. And the news report about it was the exact same report from last night -- can they not provide an update? And can they not actually give some fucking information about what to do? Like some kind of helpline? It's as if it's happening in another country, the way they're talking about it.

Anyway, any information anyone has would be great. The in-laws are at their wits' end, and we don't even know who to ring or what to ask or who is responsible for what.

Are these loss assessment people any use?

What's really pissing me off is the total lack of information.

There's no helpline, nothing. Can't even find the phone number for the insurance company, who clearly do not want to be found outside of business hours. They managed to get in touch with a loss assessor, but that's it so far.

Their house filled with sewage water.

There are loads of people whose homes were destroyed, but to watch the news, you'd think all the flooding was confined to the roads.

Can't figure out who we're even supposed to ring, or what we're supposed to do. That flooding dot ie website is the most useless piece of shit ever.

There's no helpline, nothing. Can't even find the phone number for the insurance company, who clearly do not want to be found outside of business hours. They managed to get in touch with a loss assessor, but that's it so far.

There are loads of people whose homes were destroyed, but to watch the news, you'd think all the flooding was confined to the roads.

Can't figure out who we're even supposed to ring, or what we're supposed to do. That flooding dot ie website is the most useless piece of shit ever.

Start with your local Councillor if you have'nt already, email addresses are up on the state websites.

I've been waiting three months for my tax disc.

We are governed by assholes.

Generally speaking you will have to wait till Monday morning till the insurance companies are back in the office, they will send an assessor out usually that day but if they have a lot of flooded gaffs to go to, you could be waiting a while.I think getting in touch with your local councillor as Corey said is the next step and if you can the corpo but I can't imagine they are much help at the mo...good luck,sorry to hear about the damage...fucking rain sucks

Thanks folks.

My poor sis in law has three nippers and everything. They're holding up surprisingly well, although it's probably going to suck ass for a while. They should find out tomorrow some kind of estimate for when they can move back into their house.

I'm just so mad that this shit was only reported on the news as if it was nothing more than a traffic problem. It seems like the internet fora and flickr and non-news outlets are the only place where there's anything more than "Stay off the M50, but the match is still on in Croker."

Typical.

Thanks folks.

My poor sis in law has three nippers and everything. They're holding up surprisingly well, although it's probably going to suck ass for a while. They should find out tomorrow some kind of estimate for when they can move back into their house.

I'm just so mad that this shit was only reported on the news as if it was nothing more than a traffic problem. It seems like the internet fora and flickr and non-news outlets are the only place where there's anything more than "Stay off the M50, but the match is still on in Croker."

Typical.

There's better coverage of it today. Road News usually hits first on account of our shameful dangerous driving record; which of course, has absolutley nothing to do with the state or condition of our fine, fine roads.

Throw me anything today; I've got form for it.

When I click "new posts" i keep this thread is about a gig by a band called Los Assessors

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back