Limewire (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
first post from my new iBook! deadly.
but anyways, tried downloading limewire and it did the install and all, but then instead of an application to click on, it was like a blank document icon on the desktop. i've downloaded it before on other computers, so i am pretty sure i didnt do anything wrong....
any help.tips?
ta.

maybe you know all of this already...

when you download it, you should have a .dmg(disk image file) in your downloads folder. when you click this it will "unzip" and run the install. limewire should then be as a .app(application file) in your applications folder or else it should ask you to drag the app to your applications folder. sometimes in sends it straight to your home folder, so check there too. once you have it in your applications folder, just drag it to your dock and you should be sorted. ... start from scratch maybe....(not a wonderfull tip but it's usually the easiest option!!)

good luck

thanks so far tripolo. but.......
bollix.
it says that I need to have the Classic environment; why would this be the case? does limewire not run on the current OSX?
jaysus.

thanks for the link, but yeah that's the one i've already tried. same 'classic' thing keeps coming up. no worries, will corner one of the mac nerds at work and grill him for info! ta.

hmmm i dont realy understand this dmg thing. it should be straightforward, cos i just bought this mac, and therefore the OSX on it is the latest one. im confused as to why it would require a classic environment to run. have tried dragging it to the dock and opening it, but same problem occurs. ah well, ill keep trying!

La La said:
hmmm i dont realy understand this dmg thing. it should be straightforward, cos i just bought this mac, and therefore the OSX on it is the latest one. im confused as to why it would require a classic environment to run. have tried dragging it to the dock and opening it, but same problem occurs. ah well, ill keep trying!

did you get this sorted?

La La said:
first post from my new iBook! deadly.
but anyways, tried downloading limewire and it did the install and all, but then instead of an application to click on, it was like a blank document icon on the desktop. i've downloaded it before on other computers, so i am pretty sure i didnt do anything wrong....
any help.tips?
ta.
Do you have Tiger on your machine?
Don't think Tiger uses Classic 9. If you only recently bought it, it should have Tiger. Although, it may be a Panther version that'd been sitting around unsold for a year.
I have Limewire and it runs in OSX (Tiger) and no Classic 9.
Check the blue apple menu (top left of your screen) and check 'About This Mac' and if you are using less than version 10.4 its a Panther machine.

hey guys.
just wanna say thanks for all your tips etc.
basically whenever i tried to start it my quicktime would pop up and say it couldnt support it. so i found some info on a mac forum that showed me how to uninstall it and replace quicktime with the most recent older version which i did.
same popup happened saying it wouldnt open.
so, i changed the name of the blank application from LimewireOsxSoft (or something) to limewire.dmg

hey presto, it worked!
so im happily downloading my muzack now.
now the only problem im encountering is getting the msn up and running. it was on the computer when i got it, but keeps saying i need to have the latest version. which i have downloaded, but that wont bleedin start either! (ive tried changing the name to msn.dmg etc but to no avail.)
crikey!

g-stereotypical said:
you do knoe IE dont run on macs no more.??
p.s LA LA, ive had no problems with msn..

my internet explorer runs fine..........

but i have an iBook. do you mean it doesnt work on the new models?

this msn thing is bugging me. gonna ask a mac nerd in work about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back