Lending books and dvds (1 Viewer)

Jelly_Block

If someone asks to borrow a book or dvd, they might as well be saying "Can I have your season 2 of the Wire, to keep as mine, forever?".
It's probably best to buy two copies of something in order to have the 'give away' copy in reserve. You will also never have to worry about forgetting to buy a christmas or birthday gift, ever again.

i must be on my sixth copy of the things they carried. i'm quite happy to let that into the wild though. everyone should read it.

ha ha, in 100% agreement on this! have to keep a list of shit thats on loanout these days, it's the only way your shit comes back!!

yeah, you're fucked either way on this one.

loan it, its gone.
Dont loan it, you are (still) a prick.

One way I have dealt with it is strict bartering. 1 DVD buys you another DVD etc.

You are still sort of weird for suggesting this, but not a prick, and not down season 2 of The Wire without having season 3 in freshly your hand.

DON'T GET ME STARTED

I'm still in mourning over books lent and lost over fifteen years ago.

I lent someone a hardback of 'The Devil and all his works' by Dennis Wheatley years ago and really had to stay on top of it to get it back. It took me a few years, but I succeeded.

I have loads of books belonging to other people, particularly one person who can't be arsed staying in touch with me anymore so I can't do anything on that score.

But I must do a mega give back at some stage. Usually the books I borrow are great though so it's very hard to part with them.

this week a mate dropped up a pile of cd's he's had for over 2 years, had a rifle through my shelves and grabbed another pile. 'can i take these?, i'll have them back to you in a week or so''.

no he won't.

I'd almost would prefer if people said. Will you just give it to me. One way around it is to pretend that someone else owns the item in question.

I still don't know who has my Paths to Freedom.

Back when we was po, I'd a mate borrow a CD off me, lend it to some spide in college then tell me he'd fcuked off with it...he offered to download a copy and burn it to CDR for me...:rolleyes:

I
Back when we was po, .

?

pic-meet-char-po.jpg

One time when I was in 5th class there was this new kid who joined our class half way through term okay.So I hung around with him a bit but he wasn't one of my mates really.Anyway one Friday near home time he was bugging me for a lend of my Fantasy Top Trumps.I said no a good few times but he kept asking.All the lads at the table start breaking my balls to give him a lend so I caved in and handed over the Top trumps.

He wasnt in on Monday or the next Monaday

After a few weeks someone asked Mr Mangan why he hadnt been in.He had moved house!

I never saw him or my Top Trumps again.I never got over it!
I bought a replacement set a while latter and all the values were different and the King was the best card instead of the Demon which just added insult to injury.

:-(

Hmm, all lenders on this thread, no receivers

I have some massive fines to the library i'm waiting for a summons about

I have some massive fines to the library i'm waiting for a summons about

which one? If you're not a prick and a bit nice about it the staf at the desk will probably do you a deal and reduce your fines or at least let you pay them off in small amounts.

I owe the library the guts of a tenner. :mad:

The solution to not getting stuff back is to just hang around with people who would never want your stuff. Seems to work for me :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back