Last Made on Mondays tonight (1 Viewer)

aoifeimc

Website
www.improvisedmusic.ie
Tonight will be the last night in the Made on Mondays November series at JJ's but we'll hopefully have it again next year in some shape or form as it's gone down really well so far. Tonight should be a good one.

Made on Mondays @ JJ Smyth's Aungier Street

Doors: 8:30pm

Adm: 10 euro

Sean Og’s Oversold / Francesco Turrisi Trio

Oversold is a suite for two alto saxophones and cassette tape performed by Berliner Christian Weidner and Dubliner Sean Og and is an affectionate deconstruction of the jazz tradition, aebersold playalongs and playing out of tune. Itialian pianist Francesco Turrisi makes a first foray into the durable trio format of piano, bass and drums in order to explore medieval, arabic and mediterranean melodies, joined by bassist Dan Bodwell and drummer Sean Carpio.

Alas no. I had good intentions but events transpired against me...blahblahblah.

I did check out Francesco Turrisi beforehand though & I liked what I heard. A Lot.

How did it go?

It went really well, the whole series did really, it was nice to hear some great original material and line-ups, I'd say we'll be hearing more from a good few of the bands who came together for it. Francesco Turrisi Trio was great as was Sean Og Oversold with Christian Weidner (who's a bit of a find- never seen him before). They kind of did two pieces based around learning from Aebersold playalongs which are basically cds manuals that teach you how to play jazz and apparently it's passed through the hands of most jazzers at some point or another, so it was clips of those recordings plus a few others v. two saxes -loved it

It went really well, the whole series did really, it was nice to hear some great original material and line-ups, I'd say we'll be hearing more from a good few of the bands who came together for it. Francesco Turrisi Trio was great as was Sean Og Oversold with Christian Weidner (who's a bit of a find- never seen him before). They kind of did two pieces based around learning from Aebersold playalongs which are basically cds manuals that teach you how to play jazz and apparently it's passed through the hands of most jazzers at some point or another, so it was clips of those recordings plus a few others v. two saxes -loved it

Sounds interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back