KNIFETHROWER distro stock 29/2/08 (1 Viewer)

cesspooldublin

EMAIL FIRST!!!!! [email protected]

7"

ATAQUE FRONTAL 7"
This is a welcome reissue of a band from Peru who were around in the late 80s. Raw,sloppy and genuinely angry stuff that actually still sounds fresh today. KInd of reminds me a bit of old Italian stuff (Wretched,CCMF) or even a messier, latino Urban Waste. This has a really cool history of the band included which by itsself is enough of a reason to check this out.
http://www.soundideadistribution.com...0Track 1.mp3

BETONGBARN 7"
excellent Norwegian ragged hc crust

BRAINDEAD/ROT IN HELL split 7"(Feast Of Tentacles)
BRAIN DEAD bust out the fastcore goods for fans of Infest/Lack of Interest, and ROT IN HELL deliver two awesome tracks of Clevo inspired stuff that actually surpasses most of the bands that influenced them.Essential stuff.
€3
www.myspace.com/feastoftentacles

CONTROL DE ESTADO 7"
I listened to this about 6 times in a row last night, completely amazing new band from Florida who sing in Spanish.This absolutely fucking rips!Nearest comparison I can think of is a Spanish speaking Nine Shocks Terror, it has the same totally destroyed, rabid approach that will make you want to smash things up while still being catchy and memorable.Heartily recommended, really want to hear more from this band!
http://www.soundideadistribution.com/CDE1.mp3

CULT RITUAL 7"
The easiest way I can describe this is to use the phrase "Andy McSharry". Angry Floridian hardcore that mixes up Poison Idea, "My War" era Black Flag and maybe a little bit of Tear it Up, with strange and negative lyrics. I really like this, and you will too if you like any of the bands I just mentioned.
http://www.soundideadistribution.com...TUALBITTER.mp3

DIVISIONS RUIN 7"
whaddayamean you don't have one yet? down to the last few white vinyl
www.myspace.com/divisionsruin

DYSPNEA / NAKOT - split 7"
This is the first ever (co-) release from Scarecow Distro, along with two more Greek labels! Dyspnea are a group from Tyrnavos (Greece) and present two low-tuned crust songs in the vein of Tragedy and Doom. Nakot are from Belgrade (Serbia) and play tight Scandinavian-style hardcore. Three songs from them. Artwork by Doomsday Graphics.
http://www.myspace.com/dyspneacrustcore
http://www.myspace.com/nakot99

HUMMINGBIRD OF DEATH "Diagnosiselicious" 7"
Fast and furious thrashcore. If you like your thrashcore at 10,000 mph, you'll love this. Every song under 30 seconds, total fastcore beauty.
www.myspace.com/hummingbirdofdeath
€3.50

THE HORROR/WAR ALL THE TIME split 7"
Split 7" from the UK's finest. The Horror belt out three more tracks of their rabid old school hardcore. War All The Time deliver 4 absolutely rabid tracks of intense as fuck hc that picks up where Boxed In (their previous incarnation) left off, but is nastier. Reccomended.
€3.50

In Disgust/Sidetracked- split 7" €3.50
Okay, not gonna lie to you - We got these in pretty much solely for the In Disgust tracks.That's no slight whatsoever on Sidetracked, whose side is thoroughly enjoyable as straight up , metal free, fast hardcore goes (if you dig the likes of Outraged, Limpwrist, Tear It Up etc this will be right up your street) - it's just that right now In Disgust rule my world. If you've heard their tracks on the "Trapped In a Scene" lp we had in recently you'll know what to expect: a rabid snarling hybrid of modern grindcore and Slap A Ham style powerviolence but with the intensity and anger just turned up that extra notch...probably one of the few bands ever to make Despise You look weak. Check this band out if you haven't already, they're the best kept secret in the underground.
(www.myspace.com/unholythrashrecords)

Mohoram Atta - 7" €3.50
More of the dark, nasty downtuned hardcore we love so much here from this great new band.Mohoram Atta have the downtuned fast thing that many of their post HHIG contemporaries have going on, but they just have that little bit of X factor that makes them stick out a mile. It's the perfect blend of apocalyptic crusty rage and the precision metallic assault of the likes of Graf Orlock or Trap Them. Perfect.
www.myspace.com/mohoramatta

SL27 7"
Emo violent speedmongers in a Reversal of Man/Combatwoundedveteran stylee

LP/10"

STAAHAAT lp (Opiate)
Proabably my favourite European band right now.Totally immersive and dark music that ties together the slower low end of bands like Wellington or Dystopia to blasts of irate fast hardcore.This comes in absolutely beautiful hand screened packaging to boot. An essential and inspiring record.
€7

THANK GOD/MONARCS split 10"
This is really good.First up I should tell you right now that Thank God are ex-Guyana Punch Line (and ex-Antischism too I think) - same thing, slower and weirder maybe, but that should be all you need to know. Their side is the one I've played more often consequently, and they alone make this split worthwhile.Monarcs are ex-Tyranny of Shaw, so all you tech heads will I'm sure be into this like a train. They kind remind me of like a mix of Assfactor 4 and maybe early Botch/Cave In, really good rocking modern hardcore that thankfully isn't too wanky (great guitar playing on it).The thing that really makes both these bands stand out though are the vocals, as both employ actual singing for the most part rather than the standard unintelligible scream. Really good introduction to these two bands, and I really want to check out more Thank God.. I only have 1 of these and they're €7 each,so act fast.
www.myspace.com/thnkgod
www.myspace.com/monarcs

CD:

CAPITALIST CASUALTIES discog cd
Assorted split/LP/7" collection by this essential fastcore legend €6

JINN cd
amazing grind/powerviolence influenced hardcore from ex Ebola/30 Seconds to Armageddon folks - check out the samples and prepare to hae your head blown clean off
www.myspace.com/jinnoffline
€6

Mass Extinction: "Global Assassin" cd €6
I generally don;t go for this "thrash metal revival" thing. I'm old enough to be able to remember it first time, so the post - Municipal Waste wave of bands getting signed left right and centre for copying the shittier bands of that scene put me right off.However, as with any other kind of music, there's always a couplf bands who are the exception, and Mass Extinction are one of them. Clearly indebted to the likes of Exodus and Vio-Lence (and, dare I say it, the vocals fucking reek of Scott Ruth of Ripping Corpse), they come across as a band who aren't just a novelty throw back to the late 80s Bay Area and have clearly put a lot of thought and effort into what they're doing.Plus they just write really, really fucking good songs, which most of these bands don't. Definitely worth your while if you have even the slightest interest in metal of any kind, and soooo much better than whatever cack Earache or Relapse just signed... have a listen at www.myspace.com/massextinctionmetal

just arrived this second:

MALACHI lp - €9
members of Artimus Pyle doing excellent mid period Neurosis style bleakness

LOADED FOR BEAR/HALF GORILLA - split 7" - €3.50
two of the best US grind bands slug it out..Prepare to be absolutely savaged

tracks from both releases here:
www.myspace.com/halooffliesrecords

GRAMERCY RIFFS tapes and lots of local stuff due in the next week or so..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back