Kidd Blunt/Easpa Measa/Terrordactyl/Barntown - Dorans - This Sat 9 Dec (1 Viewer)

Banging gig, although I missed everything bar three Kid Blunt songs. The sound in Dorans is so deadly - same with the Voodoo

weird, everytime ive been there, its been a load of shite..(the sound)
so the one time it was good i miss it!! ....bleeding typical,
voodoo tho, last band i saw there i thinks was leftovercrack or kylesa
and was pure muck both times..... whats the reason for this, for leftover crack i put it down to them being shit!!...but...

I was there SeanR - making the presence felt. I was even on the merch table for 2 and a half minutes - where were you man?!

Actually though I only stuck around for about half an hour, just at the end of the gig, and a good bit of that time I was in the smoking section inhaling second hand coolness.

Ya Irishness to say the least, we talk up how good it is to have smoke free pubs and all the people move into beer gardens :confused:

you like the sound?
jayzzzzus it was so bad
this sound guy have only one ear or what.
he should go to the guy from voodo lounge to take some lessons
i like more or less all the bands but i didin't enjoy it because of the sound quality.
the bass in all bands are buzzing like a concrete mixer

The sound was SHITE for Easpa Measa; everything not loud enough, fuck-all guitar, everything swamped in a haze of muddy bass with no treble in it at all, drums too loud, especially cymbals and the vocals too low. Disapointing, especially since the last gig was so amazing, didn't sound half the band they were at that other gig. Weird because the sound was sorted for Da Blunt, everything was way louder (=better).

The sound was SHITE for Easpa Measa; everything not loud enough, fuck-all guitar, everything swamped in a haze of muddy bass with no treble in it at all, drums too loud, especially cymbals and the vocals too low. Disapointing, especially since the last gig was so amazing, didn't sound half the band they were at that other gig. Weird because the sound was sorted for Da Blunt, everything was way louder (=better).

Is this one of them shit sound for support bands/good sound for headliners thing?

I fucking hate that shit.

you like the sound?
jayzzzzus it was so bad
this sound guy have only one ear or what.
he should go to the guy from voodo lounge to take some lessons
i like more or less all the bands but i didin't enjoy it because of the sound quality.
the bass in all bands are buzzing like a concrete mixer

man,you're possibly the only person I've ever seen on this board complain more than me :) I thought the sound was fine.Mind you I only saw one band.The sound in the voodo anytime I've been there has been either really good or fucking atrocious, there never seems to be any in between.

Iwas right at the back when Measa were playing and it sounded fine.Their new stuff was good but..eh..surprising... what's the deal, did Damo just tune down super low after the first two songs?

There are definately spots in the voodoo where the sound will be considerably better than others. But yes,it's quite often really good or fucking atrocious.

Iwas right at the back when Measa were playing and it sounded fine.Their new stuff was good but..eh..surprising... what's the deal, did Damo just tune down super low after the first two songs?

all the new stuff is tuned down on the guitar alright.

Erics vocals were very low 1st few songs and even after he asked the soundman to higher them they never reached that high, Clodaghs vocals were ok 1st 2 songs but then as I find at everyone of their gigs they were drowned out.....I wasn't sure if it was too do with my positioning as I filmed, at 1st I stood on the pool table to the right of me facing stage and while clear there it wasn't loud enough, then I moved to the front of the stage and while louder was more muffled.
Good gig though and a very good crowd.
and bouncers not to bad in the place.

but the bass isn't right?

correct.

janer you were standing in front of the main PA speakers, hence the reason why you werent getting the full blast of the vocals. it sounded pretty shit on stage though.

Ya I made alot of mistakes filming that night, had being drinking most of the day, After just watching the full set now at home I shoulda stayed where I was at the beginning on top of the pool table.

You shoulda stayed where you were in the beginning alright -at home in bed! Yeah, the bouncers were surpringly unwary, with a sucessful 14-can bag-smuggle operation in full effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back