Jonestown Massacre Audio Recording (1 Viewer)

jonestownmotto.jpg

i read somewhere before they chose guyana over cork on political grounds to create their camp. if they had moved to cork i could only imagine that the kool-aid would have been out the day after they arrived...

i read somewhere before they chose guyana over cork on political grounds to create their camp. if they had moved to cork i could only imagine that the kool-aid would have been out the day after they arrived...

It would have been red lemonade.

I can't listen to that. I think there was a big chunk of it at the end of an Integrity album (as in, I'm not entirely sure it was Integrity), and it was just a bit too much for me to handle. I thought it really crossed a line.

The sound-only quality is, in some ways, more disturbing than a visual one. Brain tries to assemble recognisable image to go with sound. Brain does not want to. Brain smart. Stop hurting smart brain.

what i find fascinating is that in a room of hundreds of people, only TWO had the sense to mention that they had individual rights.
that amount of brainwashing is really disturbing. the sounds of the children crying were horrible - i had to stop listening at that point.

what i find fascinating is that in a room of hundreds of people, only TWO had the sense to mention that they had individual rights.
that amount of brainwashing is really disturbing. the sounds of the children crying were horrible - i had to stop listening at that point.

Ugh, I can't even imagine it. It's one of those things that yes, I think is an important historical document that should force us to be reminded of the horrors that human beings inflict on each other, but like images of war carnage, holocaust victims, and other brutalities, I personally can't look at them. I don't personally need to see them to have a painful awareness of the fact that simply knowing that these things exist, or witnessing them through images and/or sound are nothing when compared to experiencing them.

Although sometimes I do worry that we do need such documents. Because needing them means that we need people to suffer to be reminded that suffering exists.

Oh, shit, sorry. Having a bit of a 'reflective' morning. This hippy shit keeps flowing on out of me like some kind of dreadlock diarrhea.

Interesting points Jane and La La. I wasn't sure about posting it but I thought on the whole it was the right choice. I can imagine people using samples from it for artistic purposes but I find that really distasteful and perhaps disrespectful. That music you hear in the background, according to those links is actually music that had been recorded on to those tapes but hadn't fully been wiped by the new recording. It had been suggested that it was organ music to sooth people while it happened but that is seemingly disproved.

Jane, I think we do need documentary evidence of suffering because after the fact it is so easy to deny something has happened. Memories and people recede, leaving only stories that can be exagerated or denied. I understand and respect that you don't want to witness these things yourself but it is important that they are there in my opinion.

Dreadlock diarrhea sounds painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back