johnny cash rip (1 Viewer)

it was on sky news about 15 minutes ago, its just appeared on their website just this minute

it says he died of complications from diabetes

:(

I like to think that John Ritter and Johnny Cash are up there sharing a cloud

Country Singer Johnny Cash Dies at 71
3 minutes ago*

NEW YORK - Johnny Cash (news), a towering figure in American music spanning country, rock and folk and known worldwide as "The Man in Black," has died, according to hospital officials in Nashville, Tenn. He was 71.

"Johnny died due to complications from diabetes, which resulted in respiratory failure," said Cash's manager, Lou Robin, in a press release issued by Baptist Hospital in Nashville.

The release said Cash died at the hospital at 1 a.m. EDT. He was released from Baptist on Wednesday where he had spent two weeks being treated for an unspecified stomach ailment.

"I hope that friends and fans of Johnny will pray for the Cash family to find comfort during this very difficult time," Robin said.

Cash had battled a disease of the nervous system, autonomic neuropathy, and pneumonia in recent years and was once diagnosed with a disease called Shy-Drager's syndrome, a diagnosis that was later deemed to be erroneous.

Dozens of hit records like "Folsom Prison Blues," "I Walk the Line," and "Sunday Morning Coming Down" defined Cash's persona: a haunted, dignified, resilient spokesman for the working man and downtrodden.

Cash's deeply lined face fit well with his unsteady voice, which was limited in range but used to great effect to sing about prisoners, heartaches, and tales of everyday life. He wrote much of his own material, and was among the first to record the songs of Bob Dylan (news) and Kris Kristofferson (news).

"One Piece at a Time" was about an assembly line worker who built a car out of parts stolen from his factory. "A Boy Named Sue" was a comical story of a father who gives his son a girl's name to make him tough. "The Ballad of Ira Hayes" told of the drunken death of an American Indian soldier who helped raised the American flag at Iwo Jima during World War II, but returned to harsh racism in America.

ok, get this

Jonny cash dies
John ritter dies
Now, look
John riiters dad , tex, wrote this song years ago:

Hillbilly Heaven by: Tex Ritter
Year: 1961

I dreamed I was there in hillbilly heaven

Spoken:
Last night I dreamed I went to hillbilly heaven. And you know who greeted me at the gate? The ole cowboy-philosopher himself, Will Rogers. He said to me, he said Tex, the Big Boss of the riders up here has asked me to kinda show you around. Now, over yonder are a couple of your ole compadres. My, was I glad to see them, Carson Robison and the Mississippi blue yodeler Jimmie Rodgers.

Singing:

Spoken:
He introduced me to Wiley Post, and he showed me the Hall of Fame with all the gold guitars and fiddles hanging on the walls. Then he said, Tex, step over this way, there are two more of your friends I know youll want to see, theyre waitin for you. There they were standin side by side and smilin at me--Hank Williams and Johnny Horton.

Singing:
I met all the stars in hillbilly heaven

Spoken:
Then I asked him who else do you expect in the next, uh, say a hundred years? He handed me a large book covered with star dust. Will called it the Big Tally Book. In it were many names and each name was branded in pure gold. I began to read some of them as I turned the pages: Red Foley, Ernest Tubb, Gene Autry, Roy Acuff, Eddy Arnold, Tennessee Ernie, Jimmy Dean, Andy Griffith, Roy Rogers, Tex Ritter

Tex Ritter? Oh, well, thats when I woke up, and Im sorry I did, because

Singing:

"I wear the black in morning for the lives that could have been

Each week we lose a hundred fine young men

And I wear it for the thousands who have died

Believin' that the Lord was on their side

I wear it for another hundred thousand who have died

Believin' that we all were on their side

Well there's things that never will be right I know

And things need changin' everywhere you go

But till we start to make a move to make a few things right

You'll never see me wear a suit of white

Oh I'd love to wear a rainbow every day and tell the world that everything's okay

But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back

Till things're brighter I'm the man in black"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back