Jello Biafra (1 Viewer)

cyclotron

Since 2000
Hi there - does anyone know what the story with his spoken word show is ? He was supposed to do it in Temple Bar Music Centre on September 1st - but I went down to the Music centre and they said it was a misprint. Road know nothing about it either...

i have an email from ultramack on my PC at home about this

i'll update the listings later....

U:MACK PRESENT
JELLO BIAFRA
SPOKEN WORD SHOW
TEMPLE BAR MUSIC CENTRE. MONDAY OCTOBER 8. TICKETS £8.50 FROM ROAD, COMMET,
FREEBIRD & TMBC BOX OFFICE. EARLY SHOW. DOORS 7.30

Hi,
Just to let you know,
We've got Jello Biafra doing a spoken word show on October 8. Jello was formerly the lead singer with the seminal San Francisco Punk band, the Dead Kennedy's. Since the parting of Dead Kennedys, Jello has released 6 spoken word releases as well as collaborating with other musicians and bands such as Krist Novoselic, No Means No, DOA and Lard.

Through constant scrutiny of the world's media his spoken word shows highlight the important, and often disturbing events in American and world politics that the mainstream media chooses to ignore.

Most of Biafra's life has been spent at the forefront of American counter culture. He ran for mayor of San Francisco in 1979 at the age of 21 and in the late eighties he was prosecuted for "distributing harmful matter" - a charge which stemmed from including a H.R. Giger poster entitled "penis landscape" in the Dead Kennedy's Frankenchrist album. The trial proved to be one of the biggest censorship cases in the history of the state. He has recently been nominated as Green party candidate for President of the United States.

The capacity for this show is really low, as it's a fully seated show, so if you want to go you should get a ticket quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back