J Church and Thr Horror this week! (1 Viewer)

damien

Since 2000
this week gz have two top quality international hc/punk bands coming to ireland, and both dublin gigs feature some great new dublin bands playing for the first time. they take place at the voodoo lounge, on arran quay (5-10 mins walk from o'connell bridge, 1 min from smithfield luas)

wednesday 17th nov
J Church legendary melodic punk from usa
Langdon Beck near-legendary melodic hc from kilcoole!
Disfunktional second gig for the northside's premier hip-hop krew
Lebanon Death Train long-awaited post-scientific bong two piece madness
8pm. €6.

friday 19 nov
The Horror first irish gig, amazing uk fastcore, ex-voorhees/imbalance
Kid Blunt they've got three brand new songs... can't wait
De Novissimis first gig from ex-bastard youh/sci bong people... expect extreme doom and corpsepaint!
Based On Reason first town gig for bray's newest metallic hc gang
8pm. €6.

www.j-church.com www.noidearecords.com/mp3s/Jchurch-smiling.mp3
www.hardcore-times.com/langdonbeck
www.wearethehorror.co.uk
www.kidblunt.com

thank you.

De Novissimis first gig from ex-bastard youh/sci bong people... expect extreme doom and corpsepaint!
now they'll haveta wear corpsepaint ed!!!

maybe this explains the sense of impending doom i've been feeling the last couple of days. i thought it was vitamin b depletion blues

agh, just noticed the most horrible of typos!

Alrite there I just went on the Jchurch web site to check it out and i saw this:

17 November 2004: Unfortunately the Dublin show tonight is likely to be cancelled due to major problems with work permits. The band will be reviewing their options until the last possible moment and this website will be updated if there are any changes, but please also check with the venue if possible. The 27 November show is now in Lyon, not St Etienne, and there are also new / amended details for Viareggio, Budapest, Kiel and Freiburg.

So whats the deal, will the gig still go ahead as Disfunk wanna play!

pretty sure the gig is still going ahead tonight, i just found out an hour ago that they had cancelled, and its for the STUPIDIST, LEAST PUNK REASON EVER! i am just trying to sort out a new backline and a way to get it to the gig right now, so hopefully with the aid of our punk community it'll be ok.. the gig should now just be Lebanon Death Train, Langdon Beck and Disfunktional, with admission reduced to four quid.

ok, transport is sorted, the gig is still on!

i can't believe JChurch pulled because they didn't want to play with a hiphop act.

haha is that why they cancelled because of disfunk??

so the gig is going ahead just without jchurch?

damien said:
pretty sure the gig is still going ahead tonight, i just found out an hour ago that they had cancelled, and its for the STUPIDIST, LEAST PUNK REASON EVER!

Spill the beans: transparency is all.

I thought that Lance Hahn lad was alright?

No J Church arent playing but the gig is still on with Lebanon Death Train, Disfunktional and Langdon Beck. you lads will probably be on last cos Langdon may have to get the last bus and its Lebanon's first gig.. be there for around 7/7.30 for soundcheck.. if you need to get in touch i'm sure gary has my number.. see you then.

for the record J Church have cancelled because they dont have the work permits they were supposed to get for the UK and are scared that if they come to ireland they'll get done on their way back into the UK. i tried to explain that there is practically no border between the UK and Ireland and that everything would be fine (most DIY bands dont even bother with work permits), and they have a german driver who knows the score but seemingly they are too scared that something will happen. bag of arse.

hopefully we can still have a laugh tonight without them. someone bring me bifty. please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back