It's the Sam Cooke thread!! (2 Viewers)

Zeelander

Website
www.myspace.com
You better believe it, cowboys. It's a thread about Sam Cooke and how he is super fresh. I'm going home at lunch to listen to some Sam Cooke cos I'm in a baaaad mood and I know he'll cheer me up. This thread is for agreeing how great Sam Cooke is, or mentioning other artists of his ilk that have similar mood enhancing abilities.

Zeelander said:
You better believe it, cowboys. It's a thread about Sam Cooke and how he is super fresh. I'm going home at lunch to listen to some Sam Cooke cos I'm in a baaaad mood and I know he'll cheer me up. This thread is for agreeing how great Sam Cooke is, or mentioning other artists of his ilk that have similar mood enhancing abilities.

why are you in a bad mood?

Sam Cooke perfect hangover music- or indeed ,music to listen to while cracking open the first beer of the day

Sam-Cooke-4.jpg

CookeSTribute.jpg

cooke.jpg

B00009N1ZV.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I gotta git me some more his shit. Look at that tribute to a lady cover. Just look at it.

"aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh was born in byy the rivah, in a little tent..."
Deadly.

Shit way to die, also.

Zeelander said:
My boyfriend forgot my birthday. Seriously. You can be my new boyfriend. Seriously.

I suggest you furnish us with his email address/ mobile number so we can give him a piece of our mind.
Oh, and a photo so we can snub his ass.

al-hakim-shaking-fist.jpg
bully.gif

I like to listen to Alexandra's "Mein Freund der Baum" (lyrics: "Mein Freund der Baum. Ist Tot") when in need of cheering up. For real.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Hmm.How'd he die then?

"Early in the day on December 11, 1964, while in Los Angeles, Cooke became involved in an altercation at a seedy motel, with a woman guest and the night manager, and was shot to death while allegedly trying to attack the manager. The case is still shrouded in doubt and mystery, and was never investigated the way the murder of a star of his stature would be today."

However, Ray Charles sang the gospel tune "Angels Keep Watching Over Me" at his funeral, which is pretty cool.

george mcfly said:
why do you want to be my boyfriend??
I don't. I want to be your girlfriend. Or just make out or whatever, no pressure.

are you hot?
I'm probably the hottest person on Thumped.

would i have to buy you a present?
Not for another full year. Acknowledging my next birthday by saying "happy birthday" would be necessary though.

Zeelander said:
"Early in the day on December 11, 1964, while in Los Angeles, Cooke became involved in an altercation at a seedy motel, with a woman guest and the night manager, and was shot to death while allegedly trying to attack the manager. The case is still shrouded in doubt and mystery, and was never investigated the way the murder of a star of his stature would be today."

However, Ray Charles sang the gospel tune "Angels Keep Watching Over Me" at his funeral, which is pretty cool.
took the words out of my mouth

Zeelander said:
I don't. I want to be your girlfriend. Or just make out or whatever, no pressure.

I'm probably the hottest person on Thumped.

Not for another full year. Acknowledging my next birthday by saying "happy birthday" would be necessary though.

what's your boyfriend gonna think? you can't have two boyfriends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back