israel in gaza (1 Viewer)

theoootini

Website
www.soundcloud.com
It is unclear how many troops are being used in the operation to free Cpl Gilad Shalit, launched from the Kerem Shalom crossing near southern Gaza.

But Israeli army officials told the BBC the operation would remain "limited and surgical" and had one objective alone - to bring Cpl Shalit home safely.

absolutely crazy. didnt they take out a couple of bridges and a power station? how is that "surgical"?

Militants believed to be holding an Israeli soldier for more than a week have given Israel until 0300 GMT Tuesday to free Palestinian prisoners.

A statement by Hamas' military wing and two other groups said Israel would otherwise have to face "the consequences", without giving details.

hmm. wonder whats gonna happen? lots of agressiveness ill wager

hey! the fat man says hi back :eek:)

its going well here, we're still finding our feet but starting to get settled in. we're in east jerusalem at the moment- being in this city you'd never be able to tell there was an all out invasion happening in gaza. when in tel aviv however, we did see a lot of small army carrier planes flying towards gaza constantly through out the night.
jerusalem is full of the most stark contrasts - the east (arab part) is totally middle eastern, then 15 mins down the road in the jewish (western) part you've got your gucci, mcdonalds and the like... so i guess while arabs and jews are living more or less side by side, they still massively segregate themselves from one another at the same time, i met an israeli girl yesterday who had never been to east jerusalem! its only 15 mins down the road! couldn't believe it...
hope the nerday thesis buzz is goin well marrianne :eek:)

oootini said:
how is that "surgical"?
10_05_DrNick.gif

By using this guy as a reference

erin said:
its going well here, we're still finding our feet but starting to get settled in. we're in east jerusalem at the moment

are you a international volunteer over there? do you know a dave curran. last i heard he was in jerusalem too. hes there as well i think for a couple of weeks. human rights monitor with palastinian solidarity or summat...

oootini said:
are you a international volunteer over there? do you know a dave curran. last i heard he was in jerusalem too. hes there as well i think for a couple of weeks. human rights monitor with palastinian solidarity or summat...
no im here on my own bat doing research independent of any organisations... hmm, dave curran?? is it the dave curran from ucd who had a sabattical position for a year or so? id be curious to find out cause im trying to 'network' as much as possible while im here to get interviews done and the like.

yeah the idf seem to have no problem turning you away on the spot if they suspect you to be an ism activist, or there to protest against the 'separation barrier' with other organisations like the stop the wall campaign or anarchists against the wall

the idf are extremely superficial however and how they act towards you in customs largely depends on your appearance. If ya did decide to go id advise ya (or anyone) to take out piercings, dress smartly and look them in the eye like you've no idea what all this fuss about getting into israel is all about. (i.e. leave the politics books & palestinian flags etc at home & dont say anything to people on your flight about what youre up to)

i didn't have half as much trouble as expected. i was honest tho & said i was researching and not with any organisations. was questioned for about 15 mins. the people interrogating you are kids most of the time tho, its pretty hilarious (& worrying?) one of them just wanted to get a sly dig in about ireland not being in the world cup :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was there last summer, and had loads of jip getting in, despite the fact that I was not actually there to protest against anything. Top tip - do not have a Lebanese stamp on your passport, it sets off a lot of alarm bells.

Having said that, I was so blatantly not telling them the whole truth about why I was coming to their stupid country that if I could get in, anyone can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back