Ireland manager (1 Viewer)

Winty

Website
Visit site
Brian Kidd (as coach) and Kevin Moran (manager) have launched a joint bid for the vacant jobs. Kidd is wanted by the English players to take over from Steve McLaren as England coach but would prefer this option. He wants to remain as Leeds coach and coach Ireland part-time - which would mean lower wages.

Brian Kerr

It'd be great:
If he does well, he gets canonised.
If he doesn't, he gets ostracized, tarred and fucking feathered.

Come on Hector. It'd be a great party either way.

Re: Brian Kerr

Originally posted by madouva
It'd be great:
If he does well, he gets canonised.
If he doesn't, he gets ostracized, tarred and fucking feathered.

Come on Hector. It'd be a great party either way.

the way i see it it is.. you get in a good manager on a short contract, cos that's all they'll want like, with kerr as the number two, so he gets the hang of how the big lads act. he was deadly with the kids and all, but a couple of extra grand in the pocket and that goal in the inter toto cup can turn them into utter pricks. plus the games vey different. no more, here kick the little fella over there or i hear their left back wet the bed untill a few years ago. you with me?

who for number one, but?

Re: Re: Brian Kerr

Originally posted by Hector Grey
the way i see it it is.. you get in a good manager on a short contract, cos that's all they'll want like, with kerr as the number two, so he gets the hang of how the big lads act. he was deadly with the kids and all, but a couple of extra grand in the pocket and that goal in the inter toto cup can turn them into utter pricks. plus the games vey different. no more, here kick the little fella over there or i hear their left back wet the bed untill a few years ago. you with me?

who for number one, but?
Alex Ferguson?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Brian Kerr

Originally posted by Hector Grey
nice one chumley. how about christian gross or gerry francis?

Can you imagine Christian Gross with that mullet!

Gerard Houllier!! Ha ha... looks like he's taking lessons off Mick McCarthy. He'll be dead soon.....

i think they should get daveo leary because he was really good at leeds and or matin oneil the celtic manager

its really important that they get an irish manager theres loads of god irish managers so they dont get a foreginer
if they

apparently Dalglish is favourite now and Phillipe Troussier is in the running according to the Sunday Times.

please get sacked please get sacked plesae get sacked please get sacked...he is the best man for the job

Catania deny Toshack sack reports
sportinglife.com

Catania have brushed aside reports in Italy that coach John Toshack will be shown the door if the club fail to win against Livorno this weekend.

Toshack took charge of the club in early November, but they have taken just nine of a possible 27 points in Serie B since, leaving them six points off the bottom of the table.

The Italian press has suggested that Catania are likely to replace Toshack with Giovanni Galeone if they lose to Livorno.

But Catania owner Luciano Gaucci said he has full confidence in the Welsh coach.

"He signed a contract for a year and he will respect it. Sometimes he wins, other times he loses, but we trust him. He is an experienced and good coach," Gaucci said.

STAPLETON: I WANT IRISH JOB

i love the last paragraph.

"one thing" - No. "Many Things" - Yes

Monday January 13 2003
Frank Stapleton is still harbouring hopes of becoming the Republic of Ireland's new manager.

The former Manchester United striker revealed he has a preliminary interview for the job. The Irish are looking for a successor to Mick McCarthy, who resigned in the wake of the defeat by Switzerland last October.

Stapleton told BBC GMR: "I had an interview with Bryan Hamilton, who is working with the Football Association of Ireland. His job is to whittle it down within the next week, I believe, and he will then take his findings back to the FAI. We are all waiting to hear, waiting by the phone."

He added: "I'm very passionate about the Irish team but maybe the one thing against me is probably that I haven't managed in the Premiership."

I hear Brian I have done very little with any job I have ever been in Hamilton is doing the interviews for the post of Ireland manager . How this second rate manager got this job I will never know . I believe he is now assistant manager of The washington wizards or something like that . If he is assistant there must be some magnificant Matt Busby or Bob Paisley type in charge to keep him assistant manager . Surely of all the great managers out of the game or even in the game they could come up with somebody better than Frank Stapleton or Kevin Ive never managed anyone Moran . Surely Kenny Daglaish would be ideal with his qualifications in the job . If you really wanted an Irishman then Joe Kinnear would easily out qualify any other Irishman available at the moment . Its like most jobs in this country its not what you know its who you know . I presume the FAI will continue with another yes sir no sir mumpet and promote a half assed fool for the job .

George Best would be better than most candidates mentioned . Infact his old clapped out liver would be better if it could talk . At least it would have the experience . And probobly hasent seen as much alcohol as the relative drunks Robson and Moran .

it should be kinnear and no one but kinnear, thats who it should have been when the arseholes picked mccarthy, just cuz that shithead that gets millwall relegated is cheaper-they should fuk off and look at the fukin facts-keeps a shit club with shitty players in the premiership for years with virtually no money to spend.......then gets a heart attack

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back