Ignition test for provisional (1 Viewer)

Get in lots of practice with Gran Turismo. GT3 is platinum now, so you can pick it up for €20. If possible, pop a wheelie. If the instructor is of the opposite sex, be sure to make a pass at them. You get extra points for doing doughnuts in the test car. J-turns are probably the most ruling thing ever.

Good luck!

i think they're firm believers in selective gear-change as well, but that's easy enough.

good luck with it
hanley said:
Has anyone done the ignition test for a provisional licence? is it hard?

i gotta do it one monday, so spending the week driving around holding the steering wheel with 2 hands and shit

hanley said:
selective gear-change? is that skipping gears instead of going from 4th to 3rd to 2nd....?

For some reason this practice really annoys me.

My father is the worst for doing it. A few back when I was learning to drive round Balydoyle Industrial Estate (having graduated from Dollymount beach) he tried to get me to change 2nd to 4th constantly. Once he told me to keep goin in 2nd...keeeep going keeeeeep going, then he GRABS my hand on the gearstick and tries to wrench it into 4th. I yelled, and nearly swerved into a pole.

Jesus.

Edit: It only annoys me changing up, not changing down, obviously. Yes.

Psychotic no 2 said:
What's an ignition test? I have a provisional license but didn't do an ignition test. Is it that thing that brings your insurance down?

I think it's a test for first time insurance getters to prove they have some competence.

Is it just via Hibernian?

On my insurance policy with AIG my occupation is listed as Exotic Dancer.
It actually is.

roxy said:
I think it's a test for first time insurance getters to prove they have some competence.

Is it just via Hibernian?

On my insurance policy with AIG my occupation is listed as Exotic Dancer.
It actually is.

yup, just with hibernian insurance, or borkers how go through hibernian.if i can pass this test ill get ~25% off my insurance.which will be 500+ euros.

check out http://www.aaran.ie/

they insured me with royal & sun alliance yesterday for €714, fully comprehensive on a 1.3 liter + a named driver is also going on the insurance.

this was without a doubt the best quote i got from anyone...everyone else was offering me around 1,200 for third party fire and theft only

hibernian wouldn't insure me without the ignition course...even though i'm 30, have 2 years experience as a named driver withouth a problem and have a full license.

i'm very happy with my new cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back