idiots (1 Viewer)

42kgs is pushing it alright.

I never have trouble with the odd ounce.

€480,000 worth of drugs seized in the post

By Brendan Farrelly and Ralph Riegel
Friday March 14 2008

CUSTOMS officials yesterday intercepted parcels of drugs worth €480,000 which arrived in the country by post.
Four parcels were posted from South Africa and arrived at the Portlaoise mail depot; separately, two parcels were posted by airmail from Poland and arrived into Dublin Airport. There was no connection between the two deliveries.
When four large parcels arrived at Portlaoise depot customs officers became suspicious. The boxes were put through an X-ray machine. The contents described as "personal effects" turned out to be 42kgs of herbal cannabis worth €420,000 on the streets.
Slabs of cannabis were wrapped in PVC covered with newspapers. They were destined for the same address in Waterford city.
Customs officers, the Garda National Drugs Units and Waterford Drug Unit combined forces. A 28-year-old Irish man was arrested when he took possession of the drugs delivered by a garda dressed as a postman in what was described as a "controlled delivery."
Customs drugs dog Toby hit the mark when two parcels arrived from Poland in the post by airmail into Dublin Airport. Inside was 6kgs of herbal cannabis and 0.25kgs of cannabis resin with a street value of about €60,000.
Again officers from Revenue's Customs service, the Garda National Drugs Unit and the Drug Unit in Mullingar linked up. Another controlled delivery to a small village in Co Westmeath resulted with the arrest of three Polish men, in their 20s. They are being questioned at Mullingar garda station. A spokesman for the Revenue said last night that it was very unusual for such large consignments of drugs to arrive in the post. There were more than 1,000 cases last year of small envelopes which arrived in the post containing small amounts of drugs for personal use. The average content was about 10 grams.
Cannabis
Meanwhile, in Cork two men were arrested yesterday following a €200,000 cannabis seizure in the city. The cannabis was discovered by gardai after a vehicle was stopped late on Wednesday night on the Lower Glanmire Road.
Gardai later recovered 20kg of cannabis with a street value of around €200,000.
A man in his 40s was arrested by gardai in Cork city centre in connection with the discovery.
Less than an hour later, a man in his mid-30s was arrested in the Togher area of Cork's southside. Both men were being questioned yesterday under the Misuse of Drugs Act at Mayfield and Togher garda stations. A file is being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).

was there not a thread about this kind of thing a while back there and then some gardai signed up on thumped to try and get info out of people?

I can't remember what the title of it was, but it was some website that offered this service

after some grass from my pipe, i find that when i urinate, it goes on for ever. is my shatners bassoon fucked or does anyone have these epic pisses?

poor ernesto.

I had a little cry when I read some of the abuse that he was subject to on that thread.

is he ok? did he recover from this?

WHAT ABOUT ME? That comic genius JBlunt really took me to task about my lack of appreciation for stoner culture. Practically called me a stonerist.

I'm not a stonerist but STAY AWAY FROM MY FUCKING DORITOS.

WHAT ABOUT ME? That comic genius JBlunt really took me to task about my lack of appreciation for stoner culture. Practically called me a stonerist.

I just read that thread for the first time. What's the story - were the people taking the piss, for real, cops, journalists?

I'm on your side. A fellow stonerist if you like.

together we will stamp out the whole lot of the maggots

When I lived abroad we did that shit all the time sending it home... if you're anyways careful its not a big deal. People are idiot it is true!!!

I'm on your side. A fellow stonerist if you like.

together we will stamp out the whole lot of the maggots

Won't be too difficult. Just look for the inert mass of unwashed hair and listen out for the tiny cries of "Free the weeeeeed!"

And it suits them, too, because we'll give them something to be paranoid about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back