I kinda like MCD (1 Viewer)

roxy

Website
Visit site
Every once ina while they really comeup with the goods.

They're always giving away tickets to different shows but usually it's some obscure comedy act from Hull or something.

Today, I've been offered two tickets to the Tycho Brahe. Hur-ahe! And the sweetest part is, I didn't think I could go originally, hence not getting tickets, but now I see it's a midnight show. Hapy happy joy joy...

It must be nice for a band to have an organisation concerned with getting bums on seats for their show, buh

F

I totally agree, did you go to that Ed Byrne play in the Ambassador, Roxy.....?

A bit of a drag.

Aye I respect MCD for bringing the bands, despise ticketmaster for being ..well ...ticketmaster.

I cant go tonite but I know a man that can..

Do you really think they did that because they're nice? I happened to contact MCD in the past from three different email accounts and all of them received free tkts so now I have six, do you want some?

They sent that email to the whole mailing list because they booked the Olympia, sold fuck all tkts and knew they would look like muppets because the venue would be empty

Here, by the way how comes that if any band booked a gig through MCD they'd be called sell out and all that crap and if the Tychos do it nobody says a thing?

Akk

Akk said:
Do you really think they did that because they're nice?
Eh thanks for the word-up there Akk but I am aware of the intentions behind the ticket give-away. :rolleyes:

jaysus...

none of you seem to have grasped my point, which was usually the tickets are for crap shows that I dont wanna see anyway, but this time it worked out fairly sweet.

that's all like.

is that really the kind of point you need to make to a message board of strangers?
like anyone cares if you usually get shit free tickets
ho ho ho i'm just joking around

andrew

i'd get the fuck out of this thread if i was anyone, it's gonna blow any second. so dangerous. scandalous... do do do. i'm drunk. :p

yeh - MCD rock!!111

i'm going to go play monopoly now.

and then i'm going to play force the diy promoter out of business

i *heart* mcd and all who sail within, well except one person but that's a whole other story.

i was entirely under the impression thumped was a place for underground/diy peoples.. So unless this is some sort of ironic joke.. Shame on you.

Akk said:
Do you really think they did that because they're nice? I happened to contact MCD in the past from three different email accounts and all of them received free tkts so now I have six, do you want some?

They sent that email to the whole mailing list because they booked the Olympia, sold fuck all tkts and knew they would look like muppets because the venue would be empty

Here, by the way how comes that if any band booked a gig through MCD they'd be called sell out and all that crap and if the Tychos do it nobody says a thing?

Akk

You're a sell-out. You're three different email accounts.

weeler said:
i was entirely under the impression thumped was a place for underground/diy peoples..

It is? Oh, i've never been indie enough for my own liking

weeler said:
i was entirely under the impression thumped was a place for underground/diy peoples.. So unless this is some sort of ironic joke.. Shame on you.
Apart from some very rare exceptions nobody has ever made a living out of music being totally independent. If you play music for fun that's fine but if you aim to be a full time musician you must reach some compromise, leave with it.

Using a promoter doesn't make you a music whore. However, AKK made a good point: no band can do it without being called a sell out here, the Thycos can

Alex said:
Apart from some very rare exceptions nobody has ever made a living out of music being totally independent. If you play music for fun that's fine but if you aim to be a full time musician you must reach some compromise, leave with it.
I hate to open a gooey can of worms here....but dems the words of a Gigsmartian.

roxy said:
I hate to open a gooey can of worms here....but dems the words of a Gigsmartian.
You're right: I shouldn't play any Gigsmart gigs because that doesn't make me indie enough. And I should keep working in an office 9 to 5 all my life because trying to make a living out of music does not make me cool enough. Actually, I should call it a day and kill myself coz I'm not indie and cool enough

:rolleyes:

Alex said:
You're right: I shouldn't play any Gigsmart gigs because that doesn't make me indie enough. And I should keep working in an office 9 to 5 all my life because trying to make a living out of music does not make me cool enough. Actually, I should call it a day and kill myself coz I'm not indie and cool enough

:rolleyes:
Now you're getting the idea!

I was just saying it before someone else did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back