how far would you go for the perfect picture? (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
Irish tourist survives 20-metre fall from New Zealand bridge
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) —
A bid to take the perfect photo from a bridge at a national park in New Zealand nearly cost a young Irish tourist his life when he leaned over, lost his footing and fell 20 meters (65 feet) into a river below.
Desmond Loy was hospitalized after tumbling from the Falls River swing bridge in Abel Tasman National Park on Monday. Loy fell into a river, and suffered only cuts and bruises in the ordeal.
Loy, 19, a university student from Banbridge, County Down, almost reached the end of the swing bridge when he turned to take a photograph.
“I leaned forward and remember feeling a bit woozy and a bit dizzy,” the Nelson Evening Mail quoted him as saying Tuesday. “I closed my eyes and I could hear the trees and then boulders going thud, thud. It seemed a long way down.”
Cut and bleeding, Loy managed to scramble out of the river onto boulders. He said he couldn’t believe he hadn’t broken his back or fractured his skull in the 20-meter (65-foot) fall.
English tourists on the bridge above saw him and alerted authorities who sent a helicopter to fly him to South Island’s Nelson Hospital.

!bog

I did some silly stuff last week and almost did something really really stupid for the sake of getting a photo. Thankfully I copped on even more so seeing as the lads ended up not even running the rapid due to rising water levels.

never laugh at stupid foreign students climbing down into hell's hole up near malin head, and getting washed away, when one of the people you are talking to about it was a friend of theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back