Highrise (2 Viewers)

krystal

Since 2000
EDIT - durr, mainline, not highrise, always mix dem up.

Mainline played at this Marlay park thing yesterday. They seemed pretty dull, but inoffensive to me, from the bit we saw. Then, for their encore, they did Revolution by Spacemen 3. It was the Worst Thing I Have Ever Had The Misfortune to Hear In My Thirty One Long Years. Jesus Chrrrraasssst lads, the point of that song is the slow build up, the amazing drumming and the slow vocals. Turning it into Revolution: The Rock Opera is just not the thing to be doing with it at all, at all. Still, I guess they gave us a good laugh.

No, and it was Mainline in anyways. The names, they confuse me in my olden age. It was so awful.
GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Not the japanese High Rise I presume/hope?

kirstie said:
EDIT - durr, mainline, not highrise, always mix dem up.

Mainline played at this Marlay park thing yesterday. They seemed pretty dull, but inoffensive to me, from the bit we saw. Then, for their encore, they did Revolution by Spacemen 3. It was the Worst Thing I Have Ever Had The Misfortune to Hear In My Thirty One Long Years. Jesus Chrrrraasssst lads, the point of that song is the slow build up, the amazing drumming and the slow vocals. Turning it into Revolution: The Rock Opera is just not the thing to be doing with it at all, at all. Still, I guess they gave us a good laugh.

stupid poser gits, they've nicked everything else from Spacemen 3, why not the songs too...

Wait till you hear (you'll probably never hear it...) BRMC rip off I Walked With Jesus on their rather dull as dishwater new record... the do a manky hack job on Laser Guided Melodys era J Spaceman too...

they haven't nicked GOOD from Spacemen 3.

Pantone247 said:
stupid poser gits, they've nicked everything else from Spacemen 3, why not the songs too...

Wait till you hear (you'll probably never hear it...) BRMC rip off I Walked With Jesus on their rather dull as dishwater new record... the do a manky hack job on Laser Guided Melodys era J Spaceman too...

kirstie said:
they haven't nicked GOOD from Spacemen 3.

what they need is a good strong heroin addiction

spacemen2.JPG

roxy said:

can you imagine it... a haloween party... somewhere in Dalky no doubt..

'I thought I said I was dressing as John Cale 1967'

'no it was my idea to dress as John Cale circa 1967'

'lads I said last week, don't anyone come dressed as John Cale circa 1967'

'hiya guys!! ah bollox... did we all come dressed as John Cale circa 1967??'

mainline are a musical abortion of a band. i felt genuine anger and disgust listening to them. as i said to a couple of people yesterday, their one redeeming feature is that their drummer looks like veryslowey with a beard. ('ma-drum-fren', i will now call him. or 'retardo-thwack'). i propose a motion to make mainline into the new on/off - i.e. official thumped.com worst band in history.

the whole event made me feel like i'd been mugged - corporate bullshit horrible nasty crap. and then sonic youth were fantastic, which made me feel like i'd been mugged and then found fifty quid on the ground. to stretch the analogy.

it was kind of strange seeing them among such a small and semi-disinterested crowd. you could just walk up to the crowd barrier, or close enough. and they did drunken butterfly! and rain on tin, and schizophrenia, and stones, which was fantaaaaaaaastic. and thurston's little escapade clambering around the scaffolding was cool. and lee ranaldo looks more and more like someone's dad every time i see him. ah, the youth. they still fucking rule, the pricks.

Pantone247 said:
Oh and F.A.O. Stan Bowles... The Warlocks have a new record out!!

.|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|
I'll see your .|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|
And raise you some :D:eek::):D:eek::D:)

And I cannot overstate what a fucking travesty the revolution cover by mainline was. As hereslf said, the genius of revolution is the subtle build up, the slightly bored vocal delivery leading up to a huge, rousing ending. Not playing the song at the same speed and volume all the way through, with your frontman screaming the lyrics like an idiot. Rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back