Here Comes the Middle of the Bleedin Night (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Boo on this sort of thing.

Today FM have copped out, pushing Donal Dineen's show back to midnight and replacing him with some rather innocuous dumbed down effort. Seems that the advertisers won out in the end.
Like, do listenership numbers really matter that much after 10.00 pm?

I like Donal Dinnen but I like sleep better...

I dunno, i always thought having a good knowledge of music, and the ability to differentiate yourself from the other presenters on other stations was a pretty good thing in radio. As best i can tell(and i may be completely off the mark because i don't really listen to the radio anymore) all the major stations have their vaguely indie/phantomesque timeslot filled with pretty much exactly the same person. I'm probably generalising a bit too much, and maybe it's a bit of jealousy on my part due to a passing interest in radio/media.
but, bottom line.........pricks

Jimcorr said:
Boo on this sort of thing.

Today FM have copped out, pushing Donal Dineen's show back to midnight and replacing him with some rather innocuous dumbed down effort. Seems that the advertisers won out in the end.
Like, do listenership numbers really matter that much after 10.00 pm?

I like Donal Dinnen but I like sleep better...
at least the prix didn't ax him totally - that would have been a fuckin travesty...

here comes the night apparently has the highest internet listenership of any irish show, mostly foreign listeners in work.
the station can't sell that to irish advertisers, so he's been moved to 12-2, so his internet listenship will pretty much stay the same, and they can get a whole load more listeners in the 10-12 slot. thereby incresing the overall station listenership.
i think thats the rational...

i dunno who they're putting in permanently from 10-12, but at the mo it looks like the singer in a crappy dublin band or "Ray" from spinfm....

uuurrggghhh...

So now the 3 shows that made Radio Ireland worth getting excited about when it came out have all gone away - Last Word with Dunphy, The Mystery Train with J Kelly and Here Comes The Night with himself
Apparently listener numbers have dropped by 30000 since Matt Cooper took over The Last Word ... and I'm not surprised cos he's shite

M.BISON said:
what kind of stuff does donal dineen play? i've never actually heard his show

andrew

He plays (stretches arms wide) "YYAAAAWWWNNNN", snooze music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back