hellraiser remake. (1 Viewer)

rampz

i noticed on imdb that ashley laurence and doug bradly are in talks to reprise their roles. i mean whats the point? i thought they might get recognised hollywood stars.

oh well.

I went to a talk by Clive Barker in Trinity years ago. At the time there were a few cases of people getting a bit too into fillums and bukes and going literal. It wasn't just acting the bollix back then either. Some people were very carried away with it all. I asked him how did he feel about people getting lost inside his fictional worlds and dressing like Pinhead et al in the real world. He said he used to watch the Waltons a lot when he was a kid and thought he lived there for a long time.

Just what the world needs: Another sub par horror remake. There's already been 6 Hellraiser movies, 5 of them dreadful. The mind boggles. It really does.

Th'riginal s'mazin

Part 2 is dodgy, but I managed to get an uncut VHS from someone who worked in Image Animation in Pinewood years ago and it was full of stuff that I'm not suprised was removed. Still Love it though.

As for part 3. It's got a so bad its good thing going for it.

Kinda like the evil dead triliogy.
Part one = Pure horror.
Part 2 = Getting a bit carried away with it all.
Part 3 = Fuck it, lets have a laugh.

Even though I already had the movies, I HAD to get the cool puzzle box box set that was down to twenty snots in HMV just before christmas.

I've never seen, nor have I been compelled to see any of the remaining made-for-TV Hellraisers.

Lookin forward to the remake of this moreso than the remake of evil dead,

Must check that out later.
The other Cinema Club released trilogy box set has part two with a deleted scenes section. But those deleted scenes were cut, as in they were cencored.
Curious to see if the part two in the box has just included those deleted scenes back into the narritive, or havr they gonr for the full uncensored thing...
Cos, seriously the one I saw years ago could never have been commercially released.

The Anchor Bay box set has the full uncut movies. No deleted scenes rubbish or cuts. The Part 2 on the box set is pretty tough going alright.

Part 1 and 3 also had scenes cut for release.

I've yet to break the cherry on my Anchor Bay box...
I'm seriously hoping it's the version that I saw.
Like I say, it was a version that was sent from the people who did the effects for the film, not the version that was playing in the cinema at the time nor on later video releases. Wish I still had the shaggin' thing. It's driving me mad.

Like I say, it was a version that was sent from the people who did the effects for the film, not the version that was playing in the cinema at the time nor on later video releases. Wish I still had the shaggin' thing. It's driving me mad.

ah, thanks to my tendency to not read posts properly i missed you saying that. there could well be stuff on that video that isn't on the box set.

that scene with the crazy guy with the razor though.. ughghghghggghg

ah, thanks to my tendency to not read posts properly i missed you saying that. there could well be stuff on that video that isn't on the box set.

that scene with the crazy guy with the razor though.. ughghghghggghg

the crazy guy with the razor is the actor who plays frank in the first film

it was intended originally that he would chop off his cock with the razor
but they opted for a bit of slicing in the general area instead

hellbound is deffo my favourite..i had a drink with the doctor cenobite last year..ken cranham..he was really cool

there's a funny bit in the commentary of the third film, the director says that he thinks the make-up for pinhead is the best in part three and doug bradley says "emmmm no, i don't think so"

it was intended originally that he would chop off his cock with the razor
but they opted for a bit of slicing in the general area instead

*SPOILER ALERT*

Yeah, that scene in particular sticks out.
It's included in the Cinema Club box as a deleted scene, but they opt to cut to a reaction shot of the doctor WITHOUT showing the razor accross the crotch... I remember vividly seeing the crotch being mutilated as the dude screams "Get them off me!!!" on the VHS

Th'riginal s'mazin

Part 2 is dodgy, but I managed to get an uncut VHS from someone who worked in Image Animation in Pinewood years ago and it was full of stuff that I'm not suprised was removed. Still Love it though.

As for part 3. It's got a so bad its good thing going for it.

Kinda like the evil dead triliogy.
Part one = Pure horror.
Part 2 = Getting a bit carried away with it all.
Part 3 = Fuck it, lets have a laugh.

Even though I already had the movies, I HAD to get the cool puzzle box box set that was down to twenty snots in HMV just before christmas.

I've never seen, nor have I been compelled to see any of the remaining made-for-TV Hellraisers.

Lookin forward to the remake of this moreso than the remake of evil dead,

bloodlines not bad. inferbo is awful. havent seen any of the subsequent ones. 1 and 2 are amazing. wouldnt mind seeing hellseeker cos theres new cenobites in it.

interesting hellraiser facts. chattering cenobite's favourite food is corn on the cob. he likes the way it makes a noise like a typewriter when he eats it.

Carl02-Roumania.jpg

572NEW_300.jpg

mmm hes getting hungry.

Yeah the anchour Bay version has that pretty ruthless "get them off me!" scene pretty intact...
Although I don't remember the cut to the second angle on the mutilation shot first time round... but, it's possible that I looked away when that happened. It's pretty gruisome. (I wish I could spell)
The cinema club box included them as "sub plots" not deleted scenes as I previously mentioned... and that "get them off me!" scene was pretty butchered. (pun intended)

enogh of the horror nerd alreaDY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back