Happy Animal Thoughts Thread (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Please spare a thought for the loveable Roxy, the tan dog on the left in this photo:

She is so sick that they haven't even been able to give her an ultrasound to find out what's wrong with her -- she can't lay still for long enough, and any time they try to turn her over, she barfs and has projectile diarrhea all over the vet (in true R*****o stylee, she hasn't lost her sense of humour). But she's not absorbing any nutrition, she's lost about 15-20% of her body weight, and it's been going on for a good while now (on and off for a few months, but it's gotten really bad in the last week or two), which means it's not something she ate.

Poor doggy is all in pain and sad, and Miles, my sweet pooch on the right there, he's sad because his best friend is sick.

Here they are kissing!

And my dad is sad because the dogs are *his* best friends ever, and we're all just plain worried about Roxy, who came to us a wee pup. She's always had a remarkably strong stomach: when she was a pup, her favourite pastime was eating furniture. In adulthood, she grew out of it and picked up a more adult hobby, which is that whenever anyone comes in to the house, she runs around the whole house and steals all the underwear she can find, and brings it downstairs into the front hall.

I love Roxy. Here is all of us kissing and hugging. The dogs have knocked me to the ground, and are only taking a brief break to negotiate who gets to lick the top layer of my facial skin off next. Miles doesn't like to share, but Roxy does 'sad eyes' and everyone just gives in.

shit. i hope its not something terrble. poor
Roxy.
here's pictures of less good-looking canines:
ugly%20dog.jpg

DSCN0478.jpg

Thanks, ernesto, I hope so, too. I hope it just turns out that maybe she has some totally 21st-century dog problem, like a food intolerance or something middle class and lame like that. Because that's easy to take care of. That's what I'm hoping for at the moment, anyway.

Miles and Roxy are the cutest pair ever. I love them at least as much as I love any human person or persons on this planet. Roxy is only around 7, too. Miles is 13 in a few weeks! His only problem is that he's the worst farter in town, but that's really more of a talent.

I hope your dog gets better Jane

geez that thread title is really misleading

:(

Oh, sorry, I meant for it to be a 'please think happy thoughts for the animals', not a 'let's all get happy'! Gah. You're right. It is.

Sorry. But we can still have happy thoughts of hopefulness, right?

And nothing is diagnosed yet because Roxy isn't allowed on the internet.

nooooo that's awful. poor dogses. :( my dog Winnie was vomiting lots when we picked up our stray, the Budman, last year. she was freaking out and couldn't really keep anything down for a few weeks. but she finally snapped out of it. it was terrifying. you feel totally powerless. it's not like when she came downstairs to me with a sad look on her face and a hairbrush attached to her tail.

hope lil Rox pulls through!!

nooooo that's awful. poor dogses. :( my dog Winnie was vomiting lots when we picked up our stray, the Budman, last year. she was freaking out and couldn't really keep anything down for a few weeks. but she finally snapped out of it. it was terrifying. you feel totally powerless. it's not like when she came downstairs to me with a sad look on her face and a hairbrush attached to her tail.

hope lil Rox pulls through!!

Thanks, dude! That gives me hope, though, if little Winnie was puking for ages and came out of it. It's especially sad because my dad lives on his own with the two dogs, and they're like a little family within a family. They're really the centre of the whole household, even on the rare occasions that we're all there.

The hairbrush! Dammit, I love doggies.

Poor dogs. They should never be sick. If I ever meet God I'm going to batter him for making dogs sick.

On a lighter note, aren't Janer's dogs little sillingtons?

Poor Roxy. :( :(

Paws crossed it's only a temporary thing and your pooch will be trying to lick through to tasty human skull marrow again by the week's end.

Dogs are amazing for forgetting stress like it never happened - I once watched a dog come a hair's breadth away from drowning after getting caught up in a fishing net, and she was chasing sticks again just as soon as she got her breath back (about 3 minutes was all it took).

Poor Roxy. :( :(

Paws crossed it's only a temporary thing and your pooch will be trying to lick through to tasty human skull marrow again by the week's end.

Dogs are amazing for forgetting stress like it never happened - I once watched a dog come a hair's breadth away from drowning after getting caught up in a fishing net, and she was chasing sticks again just as soon as she got her breath back (about 3 minutes was all it took).

SEE!? This is what we learn from dogs, that life is too short to miss out on time chasing sticks. Thing is, Roxy is eating fine, she just can't keep anything in or down long enough to absorb any nutrition from it. If she could run around, she'd still be robbing underwear. My dad is most concerned that she's really uncomfortable, but the thing is, dogs adapt to that sort of thing, which is why sometimes problems take a long time to diagnose. They're not big moanyholes like we are.

She had an ear infection not too long ago, and Miles took great pleasure in licking the discharge. They were like some sort of closed system: the more he licked, the more infected it got, the more infected it got, the more delicious ear infection juice he could lick.

It's weird how Miles is about 6 years older than she is, but he's only ever had a problem with little benign cysts that have to get removed every so often. And he's 13. But oh, wee Roxy. You see the way she kind of furrows her brow, droops her eyes and cocks her head to one side? That's her superpower: none can resist that face. Dogs are just the most brilliant people ever.

Thanks, dude. I'm crossing my paws, too. I hope she's okay.

my dog couldnt hold food for a while there as well, turned out she had become intolerant of dog food and certain meats that were too rich or oily. now we feed her with this special dried stuff mixed with bits of chicken or whatever and shes grand save for the occasional wobble. hopefully its the same?

She had an ear infection not too long ago, and Miles took great pleasure in licking the discharge. They were like some sort of closed system: the more he licked, the more infected it got, the more infected it got, the more delicious ear infection juice he could lick.

Cripes, that's one of the funniest/disgustingest things I've ever read.
GO DOGS! .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back