GREYSTONES- RIP Paddy's Hall (1 Viewer)

Dylan

Our friend phoned the owner (a developer) who's ben letting us do all the gigs in the hall in greystones to ask about us using the hall for the 30th and he bluntly said no.

It seems his had a phone call from the boys in blue telling him not to let us do gigs after what happened. They were just looking for an excuse to shut us down.

So Paddy's hall is gona forever, no more there gigs ever.

We'll always have our memories though:

(First two photos are first ever BYC gig (fancy dress)

1a.
2004_11030001.jpg

1b.
2004_11030002.jpg

1c.
greystones4march20050156.jpg

greystones4march20050038.jpg

greystones4march20050008.jpg

greystones4march20050074.jpg

A-Greystones-MyRemorse.jpg

greystones4march20050094.jpg

greystones4march20050102.jpg

greystones4march20050157.jpg

greystones4march20050060.jpg

greystones4march20050021.jpg

greystones4march20050098.jpg

greystones4march20050105.jpg

greystones4march20050115.jpg

greystones4march20050080.jpg

greystones4march20050015.jpg

greystones4march20050087.jpg

greystones4march20050148.jpg

langdonbeckgreystones.jpg

lewyrrossatdoor.jpg

bubbles.jpg

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

greystones4march20050155.jpg

greystones4march20050117.jpg

Dylan said:

now thats what a youth gig should look like. not this sit-down-and-stare-at-the-bands-apatheticaly syndrome that affects almost EVERY underage gig I've ever went to here in Limerick. Except for you own Basta gig in July in Termights :D brilliant.. Hope you guys find somewhere to keep things going.

thats terriable. sorry to hear that. fuckin' sucks that some close-minded scumbags can do so much damage with their actions.

Good pictures, Dylan. I am fond of St Paddy's hall. It is local and HUUUUGE. It took me a while to understand why gigs are put on in the small rooms. I hope it can be replaced. RIP

Whoever done that Basta patch on their back nice one! It looks amazing.

Shit one about this place getting closed down though!

this really sucks... our gig in paddy's hall was possibly the best gig we've ever had

keep on truckin lads

diylan, that's such a shame, i hope yis find somewhere else to keep ploughin ahead with.
and that ror picture........im sure it was much appreciated across the board!

yeh i hope we find somewhere new. Nowhere will ever come close to that little room though. It felt like home ya know? .|..|

those photos made me cry!! :(
some of my best memories are in that hall & it's only been in the past year or so. they're not gonna fucking defeat us.
we'll find a new home :)
and some serious good bye partying needs to be done in honour of the old one! .|..|

hey dylan, i am very confident that there are a number of influential parents in greystones that would be very distressed upon hearing this development... if you get me at all... (politics...)

That is a damn shame. The show we did there was without a doubt the best show we have ever played (well maybe not our quality but definately fun wise!) we have a brilliant video of the whole thing too which we watch a lot and will try to get clips of up on our site soon.Let us know if there's anything we can do to help and hope you get a new place sorted soonTobyx

that fucking sucks. we only got to play there once but it was great fun. it was cool to see so many people just really into it. fucking cops like. i remeber the time we played and they were all over the fucking place. squad cars kept going by and what not. oh well, best of luck finding a new home.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back