Great primary schools (1 Viewer)

Sweetie

Website
www.sleepthieves.net
I'm thinking of moving schools (I'm a teacher) because mine is regressing into the 50s and is losing any of the creative, nurturing, child centered quality it once had.

I'd be really interested in teaching in a school that is about personality, creativity, parental involvement, trying out new things etc.

If any of the thumped parents out there could recommend schools that are like this that I could keep an eye out for vacancies in that would be great! Maybe it's a long shot but even if they were just schools that you had heard were nice places to be that would be great. (I suppose for liability and all that it's best not to mention negative stuff about particular schools?) You can always message me with any recommendations...

Thanks in advance

Sweetie

would ya think about going to an educate together?
either that or there seems to be a ton of new schools advertising for temp teachers to start in september..in my experience, most new schools are more progressive and allow for a lot of teacher input!

There's a campus of schools in Ballyfermot (I've worked with De La Salle) and then there's St Aidan's in Tallaght, and they've got some amazing teachers, and because Ballyfermot is a strong community, they seem like great places to be for teachers and kids. The school in Tallaght was like nothing I've ever seen. Although I'm not sure they have a huge amount of parental involvement, the teachers go far and above the call of duty, and they seem to enjoy going to work.

The principal is really cool, and really progressive, and the whole place has a real community feel to it. The De La Salle people are also really caring and have a holistic approach to education, and it shows in the kids. I've had less contact with them than with St Aidan's...

But I can't say enough good things about St Aidan's. We ran a project there last year, and we were instantly welcomed as part of the school. The wee kids were lovely, too. I know they deal with some difficult kids, too, but it seems like there's a support structure there for teachers that makes it rewarding for them and for the kids. My colleague and I nearly cried when the project was done, we had such a great experience.

Yea, my mrs did an after school art project with some kids from one of those Ballyer school and said they were great.
I'd second the educate together thing too.

I'm in Da Barn (that's Dolphin's barn to the uninitiated).

Just applied for an educate together (that would be my dream job) but they get hundreds of applicants so we'll see.

I'll check out St Aidan's for sure - sounds just up my street. And I'll keep an ear out for jobs in Ballyfermot.

Thanks guys

What School do you teach in at the moment? I'm in your area and have a kid approaching school age so I'm interested ....

(pm me if you don't want to say in public ....)

Tell me more about the Ballyer schools please ... names?

De La Salle Ballyfermot, yeah? Are there others?

I went to a De La Salle school .. they weren't the worst.

I looked up ballapousta on google, and found an ad on daft for a site nearby. The first sentence is "This site of 1 acre has excellent views of the rooming countryside"
Wow. The rooming countryside, wha?

i think the guy from indymedia.ie checkov feeney has written some articles on the amopunt of crap that comes out on property supplements on website before

Hi all, thanks for all the help. I found a great school. sent in the application and got the job! It's an educate together and the polar opposite to the right wing, hell I'm leaving.

Life is good.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and good luck to all the parents out there.

My advice to anyone looking for somewhere for their child is go with your gut feeling when you visit a school as the attitude and personality of the principal will have a huge effect on the whole atmosphere of a school.

Hi all, thanks for all the help. I found a great school. sent in the application and got the job! It's an educate together and the polar opposite to the right wing, hell I'm leaving.

Life is good.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and good luck to all the parents out there.

My advice to anyone looking for somewhere for their child is go with your gut feeling when you visit a school as the attitude and personality of the principal will have a huge effect on the whole atmosphere of a school.

Thats great, congratulations !!
Which Educate Together is your new job in?
I know how soul destroying it is to work in some schools, my first ever teaching job was in a place like that, like going back to the 50's, it most reminded me of a military barracks. I quit the job at the October mid term :rolleyes:

im currently looking for teaching practice so if any of you lovely ladies would like an enthusiastic student teacher please pm me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back