Grab and run (1 Viewer)

nine

I am leaving this coveted job in a few weeks and my internet access will leave along with it.
so....i want to download and burn as much music/production software as is humanly possible.can i have some suggestions as to what i should get?

i will list what i already have so i'll get some quality feedback:
reason
cubase
cool edit
pro tools free
fm7
pro52
b4
kontakt
sound forge
recycle

i will,cheers.

could you maybe give a brief synopsis of what they do?

Go for cool edit Pro, as opposed to Cool Edit.

Get Ozone izotope for mastering

A few cool VSTi (instruments) are:

Waldorf Attack (drum machine but you can generate some class original effects with it)

Battery or Halion (Both for Sampling...Halion is probably better, but Battery is easier to use)

If you are getting Reaktor download loads of ensembles created by enthusiasts...you mightn't use them but they can be good for teaching yourself the basics.

Get Loads of small VST effects...you can never have enough!

I tried getting reason but to little effect...it seems you have to download HUGE amounts of stuff...possibly because of the amount of samples in it...if anyone has a clue how to get it please tell me or I can swap ye some stuff.

The Best engine is Kazaa.

Reason is easy to get.I'm nearly sure it's on winmx.I'd say your problem is that you have to download the reason soundbank(it's 500+ MB).This contains all the samples you can use.Reason will not run without this,and it has to be in cd.

thanks for the suggestions.

Originally posted by nine
i will,cheers.

could you maybe give a brief synopsis of what they do?

buzz is a tracker, but with built in synths.

basically its a patchcord type system: you choose machines (synths, drum machines, trackers, effects) from a list, and patch them together on a main screen. its midiable, (although i haven't tried that yet...) and you can tweak and record everything in realtime. its an excellent compositional and live tool.

audiomulch.

think vvm records. think hellfish and producer. think merzbow.

think djing with your cock and a razorblade attached as a stylus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back