go to this film!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

subbuteo !

Website
Visit site
its showing in the UGC, Cineworld on parnell st.
fucking amazing story and animation and even has a punk gig in it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is this only out in Ireland now!

Fuck, I might go see it again in English when I'm back over soon. Saw it in original french version a few moths back. Can't speak a word of french but had read the comics anyway and the gf was semi-translating for me the whole way. Animation was that good I'd be quite happy to sit through it dubbed into Klingon. Very visually led film.
Be good to watch again in the mother tongue though. YES!

Can't recommend it enough.

the american accents in it are annoying! how hard was it to get iranian, french and austrian voice people? apart from that i thought it was deadly. her nans amazing. i seen it with my friend who read the comic and she said they left out a huge drugs subplot. im really determined to read the comic now....

the american accents in it are annoying! how hard was it to get iranian, french and austrian voice people?

Just goes to prove the old equation - subtitles>dubbing=ALWAYS*

* (except old kung-fu movies of course)

Oh yeah, almost forgot: SONY KILLS CHILDREN - where's yr man from Gearhead Nation when you need him?

i dunno.. i think subtitles on animated films ruins the aesthetics. its hard enough to watch denTV with that stupid logo in the corner.

Subs on animation of any form = gash. I will only watch regular foreign films with subs (hate film dubs) but try watching Akira or whatever in dubs. Horrible.

Subs on animation of any form = gash. I will only watch regular foreign films with subs (hate film dubs) but try watching Akira or whatever in dubs. Horrible.

It's kind of annoying watching Akira either way, with dubs you get Michelangelo TMNT, and with Subs you can't see all the amazing animation... some day im gonna watch it repeatedly, one version after the other so I can learn what they're saying in regular.... maybe....

WTF? GTFO!
Subs Subs Subs!
Dubs are shite.
Utter fucking shite.
And Akira's subs make way more sense than the dubs.
And it's always nice to see some lip sync.

Dubbed Anime is shite. ALWAYS.
The way they have to cram a 15 word english sentence into a 5 syllable Japanese sentence...
The random 'HUH?'s and 'UM HMMM's that they slap in when there's a few more frames of speech animation left over...

Fuck you, dubs.

WTF? GTFO!
Subs Subs Subs!
Dubs are shite.
Utter fucking shite.
And Akira's subs make way more sense than the dubs.
And it's always nice to see some lip sync.

Dubbed Anime is shite. ALWAYS.
The way they have to cram a 15 word english sentence into a 5 syllable Japanese sentence...
The random 'HUH?'s and 'UM HMMM's that they slap in when there's a few more frames of speech animation left over...

Fuck you, dubs.

I hate dubs even more. The main reason I don't like subs is that I tend to just stare at the subs and not watch the whole thing. 99% of anime is absolutely horrendous dubbed, the only ones that ever work (and the ones I was thinking of) are the bigger ones like the Studio Ghibli flicks. I've watched one ep of Death Note dubbed, I nearly gagged.

Ghibli's different, it's like Japan's Disney studio.
If they had shit dubs they'd be finished.
I still prefer the subs though, but there's no option on the European releases, you gotta plough through those Yankee dubs.
The Ghibli museum in Tokyo is fucking amazing.

Ghibli's different, it's like Japan's Disney studio.
If they had shit dubs they'd be finished.
I still prefer the subs though, but there's no option on the European releases, you gotta plough through those Yankee dubs.
The Ghibli museum in Tokyo is fucking amazing.

2441800939_ac360cce3b.jpg

It's on the "To Go To" list for when I (eventually) get to Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back