Girls get suspended for saying vagina during the vagina monologues. (1 Viewer)

Suspended for saying vagina, eh?
I'm guessing there's not many people left in Biology class then.

They weren't suspended for saying vagina, they were suspended for breaking an agreement with the school whereby it had been mutually agreed beforehand that they would not say vagina as there would be young children present.

They weren't suspended for saying vagina, they were suspended for breaking an agreement with the school whereby it had been mutually agreed beforehand that they would not say vagina as there would be young children present.

so what did they tell the young children they were going to see?

the cunt monologues?

"event was open to the community, including children, and the word was not appropriate"

how is it not appropriate, wtf do they call it, or maybe they pretend that young females dont have vaginas. is penis appropriate i wonder? idiots.

so what did they tell the young children they were going to see?

the cunt monologues?

The excerpt from "Monologues" was read Friday night, among various readings at an event sponsored by the literary magazine at John Jay High School in Cross River, a New York City suburb. Among the other readings was a student's original work and the football coach quoting Shakespeare.
The event was open to the community, including children, and the word was not appropriate, Leprine said in a statement. He said the girls had been told when they auditioned that they could not use the word. The school "recognizes and respects student freedom of expression," Leprine said. "That right, however, is not unfettered."

"When a student is told by faculty members not to present specified material because of the composition of the audience and they agree to do so, it is expected that the commitment will be honored and the directive will be followed," he said. "When a student chooses not to follow the directive, consequences follow."
that's not entirely unreasonable

I prefer to call it the no-no place.

The word vagina is not appropriate for small children. After all, they only just came out of there recently, and the wounds are still fresh. Same goes for breasts. They don't want children becoming hungry in the middle of a public spectacle. Of course.

What I want to know is why, if they were going to be such assholes about the play, they let the girls put it on at all?

I prefer to call it the no-no place.

The word vagina is not appropriate for small children. After all, they only just came out of there recently, and the wounds are still fresh. Same goes for breasts. They don't want children becoming hungry in the middle of a public spectacle. Of course.

What I want to know is why, if they were going to be such assholes about the play, they let the girls put it on at all?

What I want to know is why people didn't read the article. I know it's Fox News and all, but still.

Vaginas should only be talked about during the act of procreation. eg, "take it, ye know you like it, ye durty, durty 'down there'".

The Vagina Monologues is not for kids.

The Vagina Monologues is not for anyone. Much ado about nothing.

It's only good thing was when it ws in Stargate and Teal'c went to see it thinking it was the Virginia Monologues. Surrounded by wimmin of various different "genders/sexualities" and the episode finished with the word Vagina, three times.

So, if they can say it on Stargate....

Girls have a right to know what their gee is really called.

ever say "orgasm" when you meant to say "organism" in biology class?
:eek:

those girls should not have been suspended, that's ridiculous!

What I want to know is why people didn't read the article. I know it's Fox News and all, but still.

I guess cos calling it 'Monologues' is wrong - they just shouldn't have included the material at all.
It'd be like calling Mickey Mouse, Mouse, cos there are young children present.

ever say "orgasm" when you meant to say "organism" in biology class?
:eek:

those girls should not have been suspended, that's ridiculous!
ever say "circumcise" when you meant to say "circumscribe" in maffs?

oh, mercy, the humanity.

yep.
wonder what madge calls her wadge?
madonna_dont_tell_me_cover.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back