Genesis back together (1 Viewer)

Re: Genisis back together

he's got a point though. i am well worried about where the next million is coming from.

there's been lots of rumours over the last year or so about them reforming with gabriel and steve hackett to tour the lamb lies down on broadway. gabriel and hackett have even spoken with enthusiasm about it in interviews. I downgrade my feelings on the genesis reformation from high excitation to mild disgust.

i wonder does the fact that theyre loaded mean that tickets will be really cheap?

far more deserving of a thread of its own than a poxy gabriel-less genesis reunion is the next phase of the van der graaf generator reunion:

www.sofasound.com said:
Van Der Graaf Generator - Future

After a period of consideration and some exploratory rehearsal sessions over the summer, Hugh Banton, Guy Evans & Peter Hammill are now looking forward with excitement to the next phase in the VdGG reunion.

They expect to be doing shows in the first half of 2007 and will also be recording new material in this period with a view to releasing an album later in the year.

Van der Graaf Generator is now a trio consisting of the three surviving members of the original 1968 formation. David Jackson has not been a member of the group since November 2005.

I give this.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

I admit a certain uneasiness about jacksons absence but i think I might try and catch one of their gigs next year nonetheless (seeing as i wasnt much of a fan for the 2005 gigs...)

if Peter Gabriel was involved then I would be at this like a shot.

Genesis post-1975 = pretty crap aside from a few tracks. I have a nostalgic fondness for the Invisible Touch LP though.

do you think we'd be safe enough talking about the gig in this thread? better not maybe...

isnt this marty whelans head?
pot.jpg

Does anyone think that the theme song for the moment Jesus emerges from his tomb should be Phil Collins' "Against All Odds"?

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003886451

With a third box set of catalog upgrades looming, a reunion of Genesis' revered 1971-75 lineup is still in the ether -- but hardly in stone.

"We've never said never about it, you know," keyboardist Tony Banks tells Billboard.com. "I know Phil (Collins) would be quite happy with the idea of just playing the drums; it would be quite fun for him. Mike (Rutherford) and I are certainly happy to do it. I know Steve (Hackett) is keen as well. I think it'd be down to Peter (Gabriel) more than anyone else."

Gabriel was actually the first to broach the idea of reuniting that Genesis lineup, initially for a handful of performances of the 1974 concept piece "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway," in 2004. He later pulled back in order to concentrate on a solo album he's still making. It did lead to Banks, Collins and Rutherford reuniting for a tour in 2007, and there are still hopes that the older roster will eventually do something together.

"It would be fun to do something like that purely for the fun of working together again and seeing where it takes you," Rutherford notes. Hackett adds that, "I think we should do this before one of us dies; we're not getting any younger, to quote one of the songs, so maybe one day it'll happen." Banks, meanwhile, says that rather than merely "The Lamb...," he'd like to see the group "do a sort of best-of from that era. You want to do things like 'Supper's Ready,' I think, and 'The Musical Box,' definitely."

All of that music is showcased on "Genesis: 1970-1975," a seven-CD and six-DVD box set that includes upgraded editions of all five albums the group recorded between those years. Each has a DVD of time-appropriate performance footage and new interviews, as well as a set of rare "Extras." It's the third in a series of boxed reissues, saved for last even though they're earlier recordings.
"I think they're the ones there's possibly more anticipation for," Banks says. "These albums have a reputation but they probably didn't sell as many in the first place, so there's a feeling that they have a chance to do something now."

Banks says Genesis is considering some further catalog reissues, including a possible boxed set of the group's several live albums as well as issuing single shows for sale via band's Web site. He's also put together a remastered version of his 1979 solo album "A Curious Feeling" that he plans to release in 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back