Gareth Marenghi's Dark Place (2 Viewers)

evil bandit

Website
Visit site
Finally this fantastic show is getting a dvd release and I've just pre-ordered my copy.

Look at all the extras :-

Audio commentary for each episode!
12 page booklet written by Garth Marenghi and Dean Learner
Deleted scenes
Behind the scenes footage
Original radio ads
Original storyboards
Original One Track Lover single
Easter Eggs (hidden features)

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/924126/Garth_Marenghi_Dark_Place/Product.html

Anyone else like this underrated gem from a few years ago????

Many nights my friend, many nights....

It's one of the only good memories I have of G-Hall* however I still haven't seen episode one :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

* Carpet ruining being the other .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|

Finally this fantastic show is getting a dvd release and I've just pre-ordered my copy.

Look at all the extras :-

Audio commentary for each episode!
12 page booklet written by Garth Marenghi and Dean Learner
Deleted scenes
Behind the scenes footage
Original radio ads
Original storyboards
Original One Track Lover single
Easter Eggs (hidden features)

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/924126/Garth_Marenghi_Dark_Place/Product.html

Anyone else like this underrated gem from a few years ago????

fuckin' deadly!!!!!:D .|..|

aw i fucking loved Gareth Marenghi's Dark Place! it is my favourite comedy ever. the guitar solo on the top of the building... just everything. genius

ah deadly. This show is hilarious.

garth.jpg

Memorable Quotes from
"Garth Marenghi's Darkplace" (2004)

Garth Marenghi: [reading an extract from one of his novels] "John looked down and was horrified to see that his hands had fallen off and been replaced by maggots. Maggots. Maggots. Maggots. Maggots.
[turns the page]
Garth Marenghi: Maggots...

Garth Marenghi: I realized that man needs to keep in touch with his primal urges, whether through sport or through violent movies. Otherwise, we'd end up like Bill Wyman.

Dean Learner: She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable.

Garth Marenghi: The broccoli had gone. But the hurt remained.

Garth Marenghi: With this show, I wanted people to laugh and cry... and shit themselves all at the same time.

Thornton Reed: [after firing a shotgun to break up a bar brawl] Knock it off you two, this is a hospital!

Dean Learner: If he gets word of this my arse is grass and he's got a lawnmower if you know what I mean?

Padre: [to Dr. Rick Dagless] You're the most sensitive man I know, and I know god.

Thornton: I need to crack this, Dag, cos if not, Won Ton will be all over me like knockers in a wind tunnel.

Lucien: Not my fault. Monkey bastard hands!

Dr. Rick Dagless: I'm finding food a real bore at the moment.
Dr Lucien Sanchez: What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.
Dr. Rick Dagless: I'll get a Wimpy.

Padre: If you need me I'll be right here in the vestry, if not I'll be out in the jeep.

Padre: [opens arms to give Dag a hug] Come on, come to Padre, embrace the infinite.

Dr. Rick Dagless: What's this?
Dr Liz Asher: A dreamcatcher
Dr. Rick Dagless: What's a dreamcatcher?
Dr Liz Asher: It's like a wind chime.
Dr. Rick Dagless: Then why didn't you say wind chime?

Dr. Rick Dagless: [talking to mother about hospitalized son] He's a good kid, you've got to keep him off the smack though or this will keep happening.

Garth Marenghi: As a horror writer I don't ask for much. I just hope I've changed then way you think about life.

Dean Learner: Garth is the most significant artist that I've worked with and I've worked with Lulu and four other people, so were talking crème de la crème.

Garth Marenghi: I've always loved the great tragedies, King Lear, The Poseidon Adventure, Superman 2.

Dr Liz Asher: [talking about a patient that has turned green] Apparently she was in for a routine operation to get her toe shortened which was really long like a finger, the next thing she knew this happened. All in all you could say that she's a little off color.
[Thorton, Liz, and Dagless all laugh]
Dr Lucien Sanchez: [shouts] You shut your mouth Liz!
Dr. Rick Dagless: No you shut your mouth Sanch, that was funny.

Thorton Reed: I've been there hombre, when I heard my wife died I could barely finish my lunch.

Dr. Sanchez: I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Garth Marenghi: I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known.
Dean Learner: Now I don't know whether someone close to Garth had exploded - whether it was a colleague or a pet - but you could tell that scene meant a lot to him. There were tears on set. Not from Garth. He was strong for the crew. But I wept. I'm not ashamed of that.

Dean Learner: I had a cat once. I dropped a safe on it. It was a write-off, so I stood on its head.

Thornton Reed: [firing a shotgun at possessed kitchen equipment hovering outside his office window] Hurry up, Liz, I can't hold these plates off forever!

Dr. Rick Dagless: What I couldn't work out was how he'd managed to make another man pregnant. I guess we'll never know. So, just to restate, that is something we'll never know, you're not going to find out later.

i havn't seen this before, after reading this thread and getting a few recomendations from friends when it was originally shown - should i watch the final 2 episodes in 15mins on channel 4?i intend to borow them in the coming weeks off someone. better to watch it chronologicolallally or does it matter?

'I know 'Mon' means 'Man' but i'm not sure 'Och' means anything...'
by Damon Kind

that was quality. Loved the description of Glasgow in that episode. Should be interesting to see the new show on Friday, Man to Man with Dean Lerner.gotta get my hands on the first 4 episodes.

He was in the office wasnt he? some computer programer or something, talking shit to Gareth if i remember correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back