future plans..... (1 Viewer)

mc moley

Website
Visit site
hey all....just putting this up to avoid gigs clashing or whatnot.

i guess post up any gigs/tours/events you think you might be putting on in the near future so people can avoid 2 gigs on the one night and even get involved and help.

here's my plans anyway....dead letter dept(canada pop punk) in late oct.....thats it for me! im taking it easy!

It doesn't really work keeping stuff all in one thread. People just post a seperate thread for most gigs so they know it'll get seen, which makes far more sense really.

I might set up that three months ahead thing, I'm not sure if that would work any better though.

los fastidios, runnin riot, probably filthpact, ridiculous irish tour 21-25 october

details when i sort some other more important stuff out in my head.

bohs punks said:
los fastidios, runnin riot, probably filthpact, ridiculous irish tour 21-25 october

details when i sort some other more important stuff out in my head.

I thought Filthpact were coming back later in the year?

mc moley said:
hey all....just putting this up to avoid gigs clashing or whatnot.

i guess post up any gigs/tours/events you think you might be putting on in the near future so people can avoid 2 gigs on the one night and even get involved and help.

here's my plans anyway....dead letter dept(canada pop punk) in late oct.....thats it for me! im taking it easy!

I was thinking of getting married sometime, will give you a headsup when I've found someone to tie the knot with so to speak ( just in case the wedding clash's with some grind/metal/death/pony
/core )

we have our fingers in:

hero dishonest sept 9-12
VAZ sept 30-oct 2
Oxes oct 5
J church nov 17-18
The horror Nov 19-21
Haymarket Riot Dec 10-12

there is also: Can kickers, Pine hill haints tour, dunno the dates but they are playing dublin on oct 4 (me and natalia's birthday - yeah!), ghost mice maybe, ask willie about both of these. feverdream is supposedly in dublin on oct 21st or something like that, then there is another band coming over that we're a little confused about the dates for, its either nov 4-6 or dec 4-6. also shellac are playing on nov 27.

oh and before 2005 gets booked up :D .... .....im going to put on events / festival on the august bank holiday weekend to mark the 10th anniversary of Harry Callaghans death (Dread Messiah etc)

damien said:
there is also: Can kickers, Pine hill haints tour

Everybody should see these guys they're absolutely amazing live and a sound gang of people as well, I'll be having them in the Lee Valley inn in Dripsey on October 2nd if anyone wants a right weird night in the stix

been thinking about this thread this afternoon, exciting life eh?

anyway it struck me that between whats on here already, the stuff kerry john is doing, the stuff that the big promoters are doing - motorhead, vandals, etc and things like ladyfest etc there is basically fuck all free opportunities for people to do things between now and christmas, and its only august.

anyway this got me thinking about the diy fest and the point of putting on workshops about organising gigs / tours etc when there hardly seems to be room for new people to do this.

more people invovled in this kind of thing means

- greater variety of music / wider selection of bands from differing tastes people have round country
- shared workload
- capacity building within the scene
- more opportunities for women, young people etc to play active roles in the scene etc.

now this isnt meant to be a slag of anyone (including myself!) - rather to try and start some discussion on this issue .

diy ethics are fine, maybe people may need more opportunities to put them into practice.

maybe a better starting point than please list all the things you hav ealready aranged would be to ask who who would like to organise tours / events in the new year, allocate months / dates equally and let people support each other.

then again maybe no one would bother.

error type 11 said:
Everybody should see these guys they're absolutely amazing live and a sound gang of people as well, I'll be having them in the Lee Valley inn in Dripsey on October 2nd if anyone wants a right weird night in the stix
i think everyone did see them last time, they played everywhere!!!!!!!!

Denver Max said:
shellac?! Oxes?! RAPID!!!:D
damien said:
we have our fingers in:

hero dishonest sept 9-12
VAZ sept 30-oct 2
Oxes oct 5
J church nov 17-18
The horror Nov 19-21
Haymarket Riot Dec 10-12

there is also: Can kickers, Pine hill haints tour, dunno the dates but they are playing dublin on oct 4 (me and natalia's birthday - yeah!), ghost mice maybe, ask willie about both of these. feverdream is supposedly in dublin on oct 21st or something like that, then there is another band coming over that we're a little confused about the dates for, its either nov 4-6 or dec 4-6. also shellac are playing on nov 27.
haymarket riot should be fairly deadly too. don't suppose you know if they're coming to cork?

demonica said:
i think everyone did see them last time, they played everywhere!!!!!!!!
i managed to miss em :( . i think they played cork twice and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back