FRI 6TH JAN COMPLAN COMPLAN SICKENER RATS BLOOD FUCK MOUNTAIN WILD ROCKET (1 Viewer)

TwoHeadedDork

FRI 6TH JAN, THE PINT EDEN QUAY COMPLAN COMPLAN, SICKENER, RATS BLOOD, FUCK MOUNTAIN, WILD ROCKET, 6 EURO BEFORE 9PM 8 AFTER
BENEFIT FOR F.E.E
poFEE.jpg

is this free education for everyone in some future perfect society or now ? cause shouldn't those who are loaded pay to subsidise those who cant afford it / to invest in pre school etc?

isnt the arguement against the 100 euro property tax that it is the same for everyone when those with big incomes should pay more than those on small incomes? just wondering

Bit of explanation here: http://free-education.info/about-2/

The big part for me is their fight against the re-introduction of fees for third level education here but I agree that the loaded should be taxed more and subsidising the poorer but then it's generally the parents who are loaded rather than the prospective students themselves. I'm pretty sure there's cases where rich parents don't or won't pay for their children's education even though they can well afford it so where does one draw the line?

In an ideal world there wouldn't be rich and poor.

That's it Moose. An 18 year old kid just out of school should never be required to pay a fee to attend 3rd level education - how would they have this kind of money sitting around, if they have never worked a job in their life because they have been in school?

Taxing the parents is a different thing, they have the money as they have been working - I suggest starting by taxing the shit out of anyone that earns over say 75k per year (including pensions that are over 75k per year), I reckon that'll raise plenty of cash to fund education.

The main point is, let's get past this ludicrous idea that governments try to put forth that all 18 year olds have some sort of automatic access to their parents' money, as if the bank accounts are like an ATM for them. What a load of fucking bollocks like. How many people would feel grand just going up to their parents and saying "Hey, any chance you'd give me 2.25 grand a year for the next three years?" Some of the rules applied to younger people are straight up fucking stupid. Like the idea that an adult of 'independent means' must have been living away from their parents house for over 2 years? Fucking hell like. Is 6 months not enough? Or an even shorter period?

Here's a good one sure - I was told the other day about a guy that got a degree, right, and had moved to Thailand or something, and was working there for like 5 years. Anyway, the job disappeared or whatever, so the person came back to Ireland, and decided it would be a good idea to enhance their qualifications with a different degree. But here is the catch - this guy, who has an Irish passport, has to pay the 'non-EU nationals' university fees (which are like fucking 20 grand a year or something insane) because they 'have not been living within the European Union for the past 3 years.' So in other words, this person does not qualify to be an EU citizen, despite being from Ireland and having an Irish passport.
Sensible rules there, eh?

Fuck the government.

just to let you know conor, its not me who's putting on this gig(i just said i'd put the post up, its Lea's gig) so i cant really comment. I have nothing to do with the F.E.E group but I trust Lea and her judgement.

nothing to defend Eric - its good to see a bitof discussion on here and i was just trying to start some , on reading it the FEE site is pretty clear that they favour taxing the wealthy to fund education / grants which i would agree with - their site explains things a lot better than their name ! great looking line up by the way

me hole ! cormac. most in third level are middle class whose a parents can well afford it.

not knocking the gig/organisers for one minute but lets be fucking realistic!!!!!

Came to bump, two sleeps til I finally get to see Complan Complan for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back