Forstella Ford finished - Scene Police to follow. (1 Viewer)

Rimbaud

...i'm nearly done here..
Supporter
Website
www.rimbaudrecords.com
Hye,
Just found out that Forstella Ford have broken up....

And Scene Police records are finishing in December due to Financial problems.
Their selling records cheap enough at the moment to raise money etc...before they finish.

WWW.FORSTELLAFORD.COM

THere you have it now....

if these means less touring bands like Funeral Diner, Children Of Fall, and Forstella Ford (whatever you think of em) then it's not really for the best, is it?

I` can`t figure Scene Police out at all really - they`ve got some great records on their label and a shit hot Distro. adn then they go fukin about with Children of Fall and drop them!Then again, it could have been either parties fault, not maybe down to Scene Police alone - who knows!
(Was) a great label though.

Yea, and then theres the amount of touring bands that work through Scene police....thats gonna be gone too.

did they not drop them because of their stance on palestine and the intifada?

weeler said:
did they not drop them because of their stance on palestine and the intifada?
i dont think it was a unanimous decision amongst everyone who worked there. i dunno, martin told phil about it when funeral diner played. i'll miss ole' goldilocks.

Thats what the Children of Fall site says, but Scene Police said nothing about it, the last time i looked anyway.

Its a bit much dropping a band because of their views on the middle east conflict!Ridiculous really.They can`t be that touchy, that they had to let the band go....

Rimbaud said:
Thats what the Children of Fall site says, but Scene Police said nothing about it, the last time i looked anyway.

Its a bit much dropping a band because of their views on the middle east conflict!Ridiculous really.They can`t be that touchy, that they had to let the band go....
what's 'dropping a band' mean anyway? not putting out their next record. unless they had some sort of written contract for x amount of records...

... actually... just thinking about all this... who cares? less touring bands is a bad thing.

martin sez that there are 4 people working at scene police and they have an agreement that unless all of them are 100% happy about everything they put out, they dont do it.
in germany there seems to be a weird reversal of politics because of their history and all with many left wingers being pro-jew and a lot of the fash marching with palestinian flags. so one of the workers at scene police didnt agree with a COF song, and they didnt put out their record. they got a different record label...
big deal.

as for touring bands most go through a booking agent and martin drives them for free and makes his living off the distro. martin told me he's giving it up to go back to college, but the bands will still come over i'm sure.

ps ff rule, suckers!

damien said:
martin sez that there are 4 people working at scene police and they have an agreement that unless all of them are 100% happy about everything they put out, they dont do it.
in germany there seems to be a weird reversal of politics because of their history and all with many left wingers being pro-jew and a lot of the fash marching with palestinian flags. so one of the workers at scene police didnt agree with a COF song, and they didnt put out their record. they got a different record label...
big deal.

as for touring bands most go through a booking agent and martin drives them for free and makes his living off the distro. martin told me he's giving it up to go back to college, but the bands will still come over i'm sure.

ps ff rule, suckers!
fuckin right, goin back to college is the new straight edge!

Liiadain said:
You should come to our college... The ladies seem to like you there!!
(sorry)

dear jesus im never going back again....i almost freaked out!
couldnt fiqure out which was funnier....

the old women with their fingers in their ears when kid dump played
the rediculous amount of stupid drunk ponces there.
the last bands singers 'stage presence'
the last bands singer
the last band
or the fact that your school has an audrey hepurn week??

Funnier than All of those was yer one blatantly trying to get you into bed and you going "i'm trying to watch the fucking band here!". You're starting early on those million hearts weeler mentioned... :p

If going back to college (meaning you have to have left it at some point) is the new straightedge, well then there is another trend that I am at least one year ahead of seeing as I've been planning to go back for the last year and a half. Everyone really does just want to be me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back