For Israel (5 Viewers)

JANER said:
and to me they are not a "oppressive murderous regime" but a legit militia figthing back.
Now while we are on it how can you call them "murderous" when u condone abortion? That is murder in my eyes.

this is an incredible statement. in one line you say relativism is ok. that it is excusable to use terrorism in the face of israeli dominance. personally, I'm not a pacifist, but i have issues with how and where violence is deployed. but my line of questioning wasn't what hamas do, but what they do it for. fundamentalism is not progressive in any sense.
yet you say hamas are excused because of a greater evil. relativism.

then in the very next line you come out with total absolutism. ABORTION IS MURDER! never mind that thousands of babies are born into poverty every year on this island. never mind that women's bodies are first objectified and subjected to horrific violence every day, and then women are denied control over their own bodies. you don't see that as excusing anything.

and then there's the business of baby seals...

i dont really care what you think, janer. i just enjoy pointing out the contradictions.

oh shit said:
this is an incredible statement. in one line you say relativism is ok. that it is excusable to use terrorism in the face of israeli dominance. personally, I'm not a pacifist, but i have issues with how and where violence is deployed. but my line of questioning wasn't what hamas do, but what they do it for. fundamentalism is not progressive in any sense.
yet you say hamas are excused because of a greater evil. relativism.

then in the very next line you come out with total absolutism. ABORTION IS MURDER! never mind that thousands of babies are born into poverty every year on this island. never mind that women's bodies are first objectified and subjected to horrific violence every day, and then women are denied control over their own bodies. you don't see that as excusing anything.

and then there's the business of baby seals...

i dont really care what you think, janer. i just enjoy pointing out the contradictions.
Me and you are different see.
And I see more contradicions in your attempted big words I am so fucking educated reply then in my plain simple grasp of reality.
!cheezy

JANER said:
Offensive is the daily incursions into the occupied Palestinian lands by the IDf with their American purchased weaponary.
Sinve this intifada began in 2000 there has being a 4 to 1 ratio of deaths....guess who the 4 are? !ironyyy

Its one thing to opose the actions of israel in the occupied teritories, in which the u.s are openly complicit, which are disproportionate and unjust, and another thing to blindly support the violent response which is an inevitable consequence of this from a safe distance.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. I personally think the palestinians have been rightly fucked not just by israel/us, but by the rest of the west, and the surrounding arab governments for the past fifty years. But I cant avoid having reservations about violent extremists. The ira in the early 70s could claim to be protecting the catholic population from loyalist, and later british violence, but it wasnt long before they were incinerating protestants in restaurants and putting bombs in pubs and shopping centres.

To be fair u have ur views which u think are correct and I have mine which I also think are correct.

BTW what does ur sig refer to?

IDF yes, infact if u have IRC drop into #Eirecore and we can have a live debate! In that way no cheating with Google or googling to find out the menaing of big words.

#Eirecore

JANER said:
IDF yes, infact if u have IRC drop into #Eirecore and we can have a live debate! In that way no cheating with Google or googling to find out the menaing of big words.

#Eirecore

what?

what is IRC?

i'm only pulling your leg. i don't want to talk about it.

I want to talk, I seen the Bob Hoskins BT ads in the 80's.

*IRC is internet relay chat
A room can hold hundreds of people
#Eirecore presently has 14 eirecore members in there, u can send files via it too and talk PM in it too, very useful proggie

http://www.mirc.com/

I refer to a live debate

When its election time here and Bertie and Enda are up on the podioum in their head to head you won't catch any of them saying "One sec can I just check Google for a second"

;]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back