For Israel (1 Viewer)

I have a couple of Hamas T-shirts and one day I was wearing one in Georges st and a couple of blokes came over and started having "words" with me, turned out they were French Jews.
None the less I bought a 3rd Hamas T-shirt a couple of months later.
and it's true about the north, In Belfast once the Loyalists realised that the Republicans were pro Palestinian they started putting up Israeli flags in tandem with their usual UDA flags.

ajax fans also use the israeli flag as a fuck you to the rival supporters who used to call them jews in a derogatory way..

this is the section i'll be in for the game tonight:

Img_0032.jpg

shitepipe said:
ajax fans also use the israeli flag as a fuck you to the rival supporters who used to call them jews in a derogatory way..

this is the section i'll be in for the game tonight:

Img_0032.jpg

Well, I'm a member of the "Yid Army".

Ah! It's good being a Yid.

shitepipe said:
i'm meeting up with a few israelis tonight. anyone have any messages they'd like to pass on?

well i was chatting with mahmoud ahmadinejad and he asked me to ask you to pass on the following, "israel must be wiped out from the map of the world", "we shall soon experiene a world without the united states and zionism", "the new wave of confrontations generated in palestine and the islamic world will in no time wipe israel away" and em, "anyone who recognises israel will burn in the fire of the islamic nation's fury".
aside from that, no.

JANER said:
I have a couple of Hamas T-shirts and one day I was wearing one in Georges st and a couple of blokes came over and started having "words" with me, turned out they were French Jews.
and it's true about the north, In Belfast once the Loyalists realised that the Republicans were pro Palestinian they started putting up Israeli flags in tandem with their usual UDA flags.

are you a big fan of islamic fundamentalists? what would you say most disturbs you about the idea of a secular palestinian state?

oh shit said:
well i was chatting with mahmoud ahmadinejad and he asked me to ask you to pass on the following, "israel must be wiped out from the map of the world";, "we shall soon experiene a world without the united states and zionism", "the new wave of confrontations generated in palestine and the islamic world will in no time wipe israel away" and em, "anyone who recognises israel will burn in the fire of the islamic nation's fury".
aside from that, no.
ah yes. hehe, those crrrrrazy iranians...

JANER said:

and then take them down when they had english fash like c18 over visiting as not to offend their sensitive souls.

skrellp said:
So, there I was having a cigarette at the back of the Village, in that little laneway, and I noticed pro-Israel graffiti on the wall. "Israel must survive" followed by a couple of scrawled stars of david. I mention it because I've never actually met a(n Irish) person of pro-Israel persuasion. Anyone know if this is a joke or serious?
a lot of rational, normal people are 'anti-the-actions-of-the-successive-governments-of-israel-and-the-united-states-in-relation-to-their-treatment-of-the-palestinian-people-and-their-legitimate-aspirations-to-nationhood', but that doesn't make for such a neat graffiti slogan, especially when meaningless phrases like 'anti-israeli' or 'pro-israeli' can be used instead.

(i wonder if janer lived in tel aviv, would he go around with a t-shirt with 'tiocfaidh ar la' on it?)

nlgbbbblth said:
what brand of cigarette was it?

Johnny blue, which makes it all even stranger. I'm not sure if anti-israeli or pro-israeli or meaningless tags as it depends on the person using them. the two people I know who are 'pro-israeli' are simply that: pro-israel, regardless of what they actually do. It's more because of what they stand against (which would be crazy arabs for them).

After a couple of years of backpacking.. the only thing most of the long-term backpackers I've met agree on is that the Israeli backpackers are a bunch of arseholes.

I had it explained to me by a very nice israeli girl in london tho (after I carefully mentioned this) who said that it's probably because most young israelis go travelling after doing their military service, where they're pumped full of zionist stuff and general testosteronery, so it takes them a few years to grow out of it.

The people I know who travelled round Israel thought they were lovely too.

So there's three sweeping generalisations about a race in one post for ye's.

oh shit said:
are you a big fan of islamic fundamentalists? what would you say most disturbs you about the idea of a secular palestinian state?
U have not read my replies properly now have you?

JANER said:
but who said I support all of Hamas' beliefs/ideals, I support their right to fight back against the people that occupy and repress their country.
And lets be honest they couldn't be any worse then Fatah who were completely corrupt.

The more u go on about me and fundamentalists the more I wonder your true motives/beliefs are !ironyyy

i was just wondering why you wear hamas tshirts,
i read this rely:

but who said I support all of Hamas' beliefs/ideals, I support their right to fight back against the people that occupy and repress their country

which is pretty much the same thing as

hamas = "oppressed palestinians" and therefore you'll blindly support them?

isn't it?

it's one thing to be against israeli occupation of palestine (i am). it's a completely different thing (for me) to support hamas, and especially to walk around wearing a tshirt. but you don't appear to see any difference, and that's what i wanted to ask you about. this isn't a debate.

No it's not..........
Like I said you twist b4 (yawn) you twist words to suit your argument or to look for brownie points, at this stage it's boring/tiresome, you post on Eirecore alot too I see, if you go to Punk gigs whatever I have a proper discussion there cos at the moment your posts are childish.

TenRabbits said:
After a couple of years of backpacking.. the only thing most of the long-term backpackers I've met agree on is that the Israeli backpackers are a bunch of arseholes.
I've heard this as well. But I'm sure there's plenty of decent sorts here.

There's loads and loads of Irish arseholes. We're beginning to get a worse reputation abroad as well.

TenRabbits said:
backpackers

There's your problem right there.:D

And Janer, seriously, how is pointing out that supporting palastinian people and supporting hamas are two different things 'childish'?

There are plenty of groups in Palastine you could support if you wanted to show your solidarity with Palastine, like anarchists against the wall (many of whom are Israeli) without wearing the t-shirt of a repressive governmental party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back