For Israel (4 Viewers)

skrellp

So, there I was having a cigarette at the back of the Village, in that little laneway, and I noticed pro-Israel graffiti on the wall. "Israel must survive" followed by a couple of scrawled stars of david. I mention it because I've never actually met a(n Irish) person of pro-Israel persuasion. Anyone know if this is a joke or serious?

I still haven't met you. at least I don't think I have. I should probably include my mum in this, but she's more anti-arab, rather than pro-israel. the only pro-israeli person I've ever had a proper discussion with was an orthodox Jewish girl from Brooklyn. I live a very sheltered life.

i could be described as being pro-israel by certain people though whether a person sees me as being pro-israeli may depend on as much the persons views on the matter as much as my own views on the matter

there's several thousand "pro-israeli" loyalists kicking around norn iron, but they're really only "pro-israeli" cos someone told them the fenians are "in saladarety" with the "pallystinyins".

skrellp said:
So, there I was having a cigarette at the back of the Village, in that little laneway, and I noticed pro-Israel graffiti on the wall. "Israel must survive" followed by a couple of scrawled stars of david. I mention it because I've never actually met a(n Irish) person of pro-Israel persuasion. Anyone know if this is a joke or serious?

what brand of cigarette was it?

oh shit said:
there's several thousand "pro-israeli" loyalists kicking around norn iron, but they're really only "pro-israeli" cos someone told them the fenians are "in saladarety" with the "pallystinyins".

have to phrase this carefully as Im not sure what im talking about, and dont want to offend anyone, but isnt/wasnt there a group of presbyterians in the north who believed that the lost tribe of israel settled in scotland and that the ark of the covenant was buried in the hill of tara? I remember seeing some pictures of excavations carried out there in the 1900s?
Or am I mixing several thing, some of which only exist in my mind, up?
Sorry for being off the point

JohnnyRaz said:
have to phrase this carefully as Im not sure what im talking about, and dont want to offend anyone, but isnt/wasnt there a group of presbyterians in the north who believed that the lost tribe of israel settled in scotland and that the ark of the covenant was buried in the hill of tara? I remember seeing some pictures of excavations carried out there in the 1900s?
Posts about Dan Brown book ideas shouldn't be in the politics forum.

JohnnyRaz said:
i think that was an episode of father ted

Mmmm, move over scientology.

"The Ark of The Covenant, what is it?

It is a hotline to the Ruler of The Universe.

However it was not built by E.T. to phone home. It was built by Moses and Aaron to phone home."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back