finally boss makes a pedal worth getting. (1 Viewer)

they work for some and not so much for others.

if my set up was an SG, and a jcm900 or something then id happily rock a blues driver or even a DS-1. ive just never really found a boss pedal that i liked and especially a distortion that doesnt suck tone(with the exception of the blues driver).

just a personal preference really.

Seems like a more fun loopstation (stereo outputs, 3D panning etc)

SL-20: Slicer
Instant Audio Adrenaline
Features

Inject a shot of high-octane fuel into your music with the SL-20 Slicer. Instantly transform a guitar, bass, keyboard, or vocal into a pulsating groove instrument. Choose from 50 onboard Slice patterns or experiment with the SL-20’s innovative Harmonic Slicer feature, which generates percussive melodies, Loop Record, and unique 3D Panning.

* Instant groove and percussive-melody generator
* 50 Slice patterns onboard, with adjustable attack and duration, including Harmonic Slice
* Tap Tempo via onboard pedal switch; internal and MIDI sync
* Sound characteristics such as attack, duration, effect level, and direct level are controllable via external Expression pedal (sold separately)
* Variety of output modes, including the unique 3D Panning for spacious sliced FX

on first impressions, it looks like an instant-pink-floyd-ifier -- lots of swooshy noises, but more fun to use than to listen to. am i missing something?

loopstations are tricky enough to use already!

there ought to be a rule that pedals shouldn't have more than three knobs or buttons.

Dunno I'm a big fan of three band eq on pedals.

all the demos are shite. the possibilties of putting LFO on a casio or something is amazing.

i think the loop function on it is just tagged on. i used to have the boss looper and i hated it.

they work for some and not so much for others.

if my set up was an SG, and a jcm900 or something then id happily rock a blues driver or even a DS-1. ive just never really found a boss pedal that i liked and especially a distortion that doesnt suck tone(with the exception of the blues driver).

just a personal preference really.

sd-2 rules ass.

still unhappy, just get em modded

They are little tanks.

Very true,probably the only part of my guitar set up that has never needed any repair/maintenance would be my Boss pedals. My distortion pedal was bought new 18 years ago and cosmetically is fucked,it still works though. It's spent that time being kept out of it's box in a bag along with other pedals and leads unless being used.

really? as much as my statement is a bit over the top, from the year or so i spent as a guitar tech touring around i found the boss pedals are always the ones to go. the tuners are especially crap.

but yeah i guess youre right ian. personally i was talking about pedals in the studio as then its all down to how they sound and i really dont like recording with boss pedals. always use the MXR distortion plus or the old marshal drive master.
but yeah youre right. in the studio boutique and vintage pedals are fine, but when it comes to the road, you need something roadworthy and replaceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back