Favourite song (1 Viewer)

FELLATIO NELSON

Website
www.geocities.com
Just wondering what everyones all time favourite song is?? i have a funny feeling not many or them will be punk songs , maybe im completely wrong ,sure stick down yer favourite record while yer at it.
for the record
favourite song: stay with me,lorraine ellison/hurt so good, susan cadogan (I cant decide which i prefer)
favourite album: greatest hits , cockney rejects

Best song: Can't really decide, but probably some 80s New Wave type song like 99 Red Balloons or the Kids in America. Yer man there mentioned I think I'm alone now, thats a class one too. Then theres Dexy's, and of course Ghost Town has to be in there somewhere, see theres just too many to choose from.

Best song is so tough, maybe for many reasons (although it's not a song) - Theme from Twin Peaks series.

Best album - Either Stevie Wonder Innervisions or his Best of.

This is too impossible, I think I injured my brain wrenching those out!

Other honourable mentions:

Talking Heads - 77
Minnie Ripperton - Anthology
Grant Green - Live at the Lighthouse
Jim O' Rourke - Insignificance
Stevie Wonder - Songs in The Key of Life
Faith No More - Angel Dust

stephen two albums i would love a lone of you that stevie wonder one and a bit o grant green, i have some of his stuff on tape at home, you wouldn't fancy bringing them out the next time your in the vicinity

alltimefaves - shit like 'i don't know why' - stevie wonder, 'emerald' - lizzy..can't think of anymore, but there's loads.
albumswiseee - 'sang phat editor' - us maple (sickest shit known to man, never before never again)
'spiderland' - slint (cheesy i know but i love that shit)
'raw power' - stooges

lately i never tire of listening to wolf eyes 'dead hills 2' and whitehouse 'wriggle like a fucking eel', 'flipside' - freeway ft peedi crakk, alias - 'watching water' (emo rap), billy oldham - 'i see a darkness'/'you will miss me when i burn'/'little boy blue' songs

song: a three way tie between "Mercy Seat" by Nick Cave, "I feel for You" by Chaka Khan and "Pulling Mussels from a shell" by Squeez for the "best song ever" title I'm afraid, but there's a few more...... Possibly "Pretty in Pink" by the Psychedelic Furs too.Lots of 80's pop."Room 429" by Copshootcop."Summertime Rolls" by Jane's Addiction. "Procreation of the Wicked" by Celtic Frost.

albums: everything up to and including "Public Castration" by Swans
"Dealing with it" by DRI
"Angel Dust" by Faith No More/Mr Bungle's "Disco Volante"
"American Thighs" by Veruca Salt
"Into Darkness" by Winter
"24 Hour Revnge Therapy" by JAwbreaker
"She Loves me, She Loves me Not" Kiss It Goodbye
"Killing Technology" by Voivod
"Con Art" by Smart Went Crazy.Which I need a new copy of incidentally.

this is all liable to change tomorrow of course.

Fave Song:a toss up between:

"Have You Passed Through This Night" by Explosions In The Sky
"For the true and passionate lovers of music" by Shai Hulud
"Could've moved mountains" by silver mt zion
"God Is In The House" by Nick Cave

Best Records:

Silver mt Zion - "Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upward"
Dismemberment Plan - "Emergency & I"
Cursive - "Domestica"
Archers Of Loaf - "All The Nations Airports"
Blood Brothers - "Burn Piano Island Burn" (because they're the saviours of music)

arrrgh it goes on and on... but kudos on naming the theme from twin peaks as your favourite song, stephenoblunt...

hey, what about people's most embarrassing records??! i think it was the 2 unlimited single i bought when i was ten... or possibly 16...

Alan Remorse said:
hey, what about people's most embarrassing records??! i think it was the 2 unlimited single i bought when i was ten... or possibly 16...
deadly, there's no way i could pick a favourite but this is good
Boyzone record
Take That record (sadly neither of which I still have)
First 4 Korn records
3 Marilyn Manson records
plus anything I ever bought to impress people, Can't think of any right now as my record collection is all in cardboard boxes as i make the transition from rathmines to rathgar, but there's some terrible stuff in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back