Favourite Locked Groove? (1 Viewer)

hard to choose between the 500 on this: http://www.discogs.com/release/94233

rrr500.jpg

R-94233-1155687944.jpeg

Impossible Mission by Alien Sex Fiend. I never bought vinyl as a swingin' teen (cassettes only) but started buying all the ASF vinyl I could find because they (and their sleeves) were my heroes.

Anyway, I didn't know what a locked groove was in my magnetic tape-based world and listened to the same keyboard note for about 10 minutes before concluding 'something was up'.

You never forget your first locked groove.

THE END

i hate when records dont have a locked grove of silence at the end and the needle just runs onto the label and makes horrible noise. caroliner are cunts for that shit - either a locked groove or you have to sit ready to grab the needle before the side is finished

there was a cool one on this blast first comp "nothing short of total war vol. 2" (something like that) that ended up going "there is no fucking culture" over and over forever.

can't think of any other ones...

one record i always wanted to track down was the original of spacemen 3's dreamweapon - which played from the label outwards.

i hate when records dont have a locked grove of silence at the end and the needle just runs onto the label and makes horrible noise. caroliner are cunts for that shit - either a locked groove or you have to sit ready to grab the needle before the side is finished

yea i hate that too

The amp I still use has a spring reverb function as well as the possiblity of being hotwired so as to play from more than one source. One of my kicks as a young twenty-something was to tune long wave radio over the Expressway to yr skull lock groove with the reverb on for longtime.... Halcyon days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back