Ensemble Economique (US) + Guests, Thursday 26th July, Upstairs at Whelan's (1 Viewer)

whelanslive

Ensemble Economique
+ Guests
Thursday 26th July
Upstairs At Whelan's
Doors 8pm
Admission €7

Ensemble Economique is Brian Pyle from Starving Weirdos and the last EE record (Crossing The Pass, By Torchlight) would be right up the street of any horror soundtrack fans in particular but anyone into their brooding electronic stuff should definitely check EE out too. Butter on the wall - good for dippin'.

"...a virtually flawless album. I cannot over-emphasize what a huge leap forward this record is for Ensemble Economique" - Brainwashed.com

Facebook Event Page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/441797605851792/ - who knows, perhaps your mentor or guru is attending this particular show.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bio
Over the past few years Brian Pyle's (Starving Weirdos) solo project has begun to blossom into a force of atmospheric synth propulsion. Evolving from early sound sketches into fully formed soundtracks filled with longing, paranoia and encroaching darkness; his songs have come to exemplify the current synth resurgence while also rising above it to achieve a larger vision.

Crossing The Pass, By Torchlight is undoubtedly Pyle's most complex and complete album to date. It unfolds as a narrative landscape that's as dense as the most poured over musical scores and equally as emotionally complex. The swelling single "To Feel The Night As It Really Is", which first appeared on its own, is now entwined in a album wrought with cracked glass emotions, wire wrapped tension and a bittersweet ebb of ennui. Though there is no companion script, it feels as if characters rise and fall, weep and sigh throughout the course of the album. Pyle has rendered a tensile world of feeling through his score and in the end you're left wondering what will happen to his and your own imaginary characters next.

This Thursday folks. If you like yizzers Goblin or any sort of dark atmospheric electronic music then you might as well pop down. It's going to be ace and it's only 7 bucks in. I'll be there and I'm terrified that I'll be on my own and scared. Please don't leave me alone.

"gently meandering yet also constantly threatening score for every introspective trip you could possibly be afraid of, undeniably beautiful but at the same time painfully unsettling, serving as a reminder that we’ll never know if we’re still here in only seven minutes’ time" - No Fear Of Pop

"Pyle has rendered a tensile world of feeling through his score and in the end you're left wondering what will happen to his and your own imaginary characters next." - Raven Sings The Blues

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back