Electric Underground's 5th Birthday Bash w/BLAWAN/LONE ++ 17th Feb - Cork (1 Viewer)

It's with great pleasure that we present this bumper line-up to celebrate our 5th birthday. Five years ago we started this night with the intention of showcasing Irish producers of electronic music playing live shows. Over the years it developed more into a clubnight - bringing over various international dj's and live acts that we felt the people of Cork would enjoy.
We're very grateful for all the support we have received over the years and we'd like you to come celebrate five years of us doing this in the Pavilion on Friday the 17th of February.

The gig will be part of the Pavilion's annual 'Dirty Weekender', and we'll be selling a limited number of advanced tickets for €10 from The Pavilion and Plugd from next week.

5thbdayweb.jpg

Blawan - "My favourite producer of the season" - Maryanne Hobbs
"Seriously in need of more Blawan. Along with boddika, blawan knows how to produce music I love <3" - Rob Booth - [Electronic Explorations]

Getting Me Down received the No 1 spot in Resident Advisor's Top 50 tracks of 2011

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

LONE

"Lone (Matt Cutler) has something that I think is very healthy for an artist to have in this age of myspace music and the vast array of underground labels, and that's a strong identity - I could spot a Lone track by hearing one or two bars, he has a personality in his music that is vivid. I reckon that Lemurian could provoke synaesthetic reactions in those who don't already have the condition, that is, its character seems to extend beyond the sonic domain into some other sensual domain. I think that if Lemurian was a colour, it'd be aquamarine. If it had a smell, it'd be seaweed on the breeze. If it had a taste, it'd be saltwater. If it had a texture, it'd be scratchy coral. 'Sea Spray' is about as fitting a title as you could get for a Lemurian track. As well as filling your ears with faded loungey chords, bursts of weathered VHS strings and Hawaiian musical postcards, Lemurian is caked with the thickest punchiest soulfully - shuffled hip hop beats that would satisfy anyone who simply has to nod their head to enjoy themselves. This is also daydream music, you can't listen to it without going off somewhere. Personally, I slip into the daydream of being sucked into the 80s arcade game 'Outrun' and tearing around a looped pixellated parallel to Miami or some other palm-tree-avenued sea front, with Lemurian pumping out of the car stereo of course." -- Bibio (Warp Records)

More details will follow.

two more sleeps:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back