ELECTRIC PICNIC website now up and running!!! (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
The Lecky Picnic website is now up and running - see www.electricpicnic.ie

with all info re line up, travel arrangements, practical info, where to stay, photos of the site and last but definitely not least - picnic treats!

This takes place on Satruday week 4th sept and features amongst others Groove Armada live, Super Furry Animals, Soulwax, Detroit Cobras, Jurassic 5, David Kitt, Lee Scratch Perry & Band, Arrested Development, 2 many Djs, Mylo live, Cut Chemist comedians Tommy Tiernan, Des Bishop, Barry Muprhy, Jason Bryne, Ireland vs Cyprus World Cup Qualifier, paintball, massages, tarot readings...

actually if i rabbit on any more you'd have no reason to look at the site.

chat forum to be added in the coming days too - i see the cynics on this site licking their lips at that

Nice site that. Much better than the POD one anyway. Any chance of getting LCD Soundsystem to play? I'm stuck at work tonite but wouldn't half fancy seeing them, er, tonight. But I can't.

If it pisses rain will the BBQ still be a goer?

thats the POD website, that hasnt been updated in ages

is someone having a larf?

thegoone said:
is the hurling final on the next day on the 5th?

if it is kilkenny is gonna get it on the way home
By the looks of it everyone has to go home when it's over, no camping, ha ha ha, unless you can fit your sleeping bag in your panini.

thegoone said:
i dont live in kilkenny
so going to kilkenny wouldnt be going home
it would be extending the buzz

so does anyone know if the hurlin final is sept 5?
Wasn't refering to you, just meant everyone has to leave on the night, no camping.

Bag'o'cans said:
I doubt you're allowed get drunk at it, you'd be ejected from the fine wines tent.
it just sounds like another trinity ball to me, a load of people thinking they are posh because it is very "select" and "boutique"
i thought a boutique was a ladies clothing shop

people are really getting hung up on the "boutique" thing, seemingly ignoring the fact that it's a very strong lineup and generally sounds like it'd be a fun day out.

Ed said:
people are really getting hung up on the "boutique" thing, seemingly ignoring the fact that it's a very strong lineup and generally sounds like it'd be a fun day out.
Probably coz there emphasising the "boutique" thing an i'm just a world weary bitterball.

Ed said:
people are really getting hung up on the "boutique" thing, seemingly ignoring the fact that it's a very strong lineup
Groove Armada: already played here on the 12th of June 2004 at the
Pixies/RHCP gig

Super Furry Animals: already played here on the 28th of March 2004 in
the Olympia

Erol Alkin: already played here on the 6th of June 2004 at Crawdaddy, and again on the 21st of July

2 Many DJs (the DJing version of Soulwax): already played here on the
7th of May 2004 in the Red Box (and the Trinity ball the night before)

David Kitt: you've got to be kidding me

Jurassic 5: played here last year

Lee Scratch Perry: played here last year

So a rather dull, tried and tested line-up there with nothing really
new or exciting. If you like your music safe and inoffensive then you're bound to have a great time.

The only acts I'd say that'd be interesting would be Lee Scratch Perry and J5, but once again, they're the tried and trusted acts people have seen already. I'd like to see somebody that hasn't played here a load of times already.

Um, so people shouldn't go see a band because they've played here before? That's pretty much every local band and dj fucked then? Fair enough if the lineup doesn't suit your tastes, but it pisses on most big gigs that have been on, or are going to be on in this country this year, though that's just my own personal taste talking.

the j5 djs are shit hot too

i remember you pointed this out on ie dance and a bogger gave a good reply that all them gigs were on in dublin
its a bogger festival for boggers

also, like goone said the j5 djs are amazing and they're perfomring on their own, and J5 as a whole put on one of the best live shows i've ever been at, and ive been to a gig or two in my time.

ok I agree its a question of taste, but all the bands play here at least once or twice a year. I thought it sounded good when first announced, but then when I went down throught the list I had seen most in the past 12 to 18 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back