Duff (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
It's time for patriotism again...

UEFA are compiling the 'Team of 2002'. Damien Duff has been nominated on the left side of midfield.

So go to http://WWW.UEFA.COM and click on the 'Team Of The Year' in the right hand corner of the site. Select 'Left Midfield' and vote for The Duffer.

he is without a doubt one of the best wingers in the known world.

if anyone can name 3 good wingers plying their trade today in europe they win a "grow your own damien duff" kit.

Kíly Gonzalez, Vicente, Overmars, yer man who plays for Southampton Fabrice Fernandes ; french lad - top of the OPTA), Zé Roberto, Denílson, Nedved, Solano, Ronaldihno. There's a kid called José Antonio Reyes who plays for Sevilla, I think - he looks super.

If you set your browser to block cookies you can vote for him over and over again. I've voted 20 times.

At least its a more worthy cause than the Wolfe Tones.

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
Kíly Gonzalez, Vicente, Overmars, yer man who plays for Southampton Fabrice Fernandes ; french lad - top of the OPTA), Zé Roberto, Denílson, Nedved, Solano, Ronaldihno. There's a kid called José Antonio Reyes who plays for Sevilla, I think - he looks super.

gonzalez - maybe
Vicente - more of a forward, not really a winger
Fernandes - never heard of him, is he any good ?
Ze Roberto - Definitely a world class winger, he should have stayed well clear of FC Bayern "Hollywood" Munich though.
Denilson - is he still playing in Europe ? He was one of the most expensive players in the world at one stage, did he ever really live up to that reputation ?
Nedved - Point taken - world class winger
Solano - I disagree, more of an all round midfielder
Ronaldhino - again, not a classic winger but a very versatile world class player - especially apt at scoring spectacular goals against crap keepers

some food for thought there though

i was thinking more of the classic winger type, a player who feels most comfortable on the very edge of the pitch who can make those runs up the wing and cross the ball, a player with skill, pace and good passing ability.

Duff, in my opinion, would be a classic world class winger, in the same way that Giggs ( some years ago mind you) was the epitome of the winger.

other wingers that would fit the role could be zenden, overmars, roberto carlos (again though he is not a true winger)

yay:

http://www.unison.ie/sportsdesk/stories.php3?ca=12&si=911368

Duff beats Hakan Sas and Freddy Ljunberg! Hail the power of interweb poindexters in Ireland

UEFA.com Team of the Year

Goalkeeper: Rstu Reber (Fenerbahe and Turkey)

Defenders: Carlos Puyol (Barcelona and Spain), Alessandro Nesta (AC Milan and Italy), Cristian Chivu (Ajax and Romania), Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid and Brazil)

Midfielders: Clarence Seedorf (AC Milan and Holland), Michael Ballack (Bayern Munich and Germany), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid and France), Damien Duff (Blackburn Rovers and Rep of Ireland)

Forwards: Thierry Henry (Arsenal and France), Ronaldo (Real Madrid and Brazil).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back