dublinbuslive.com - live arrival updates for your bus stop on your phone (1 Viewer)

Re: dublinbuslive.com - live arrival updates for your bus stop

The bus stop near my house got one of those fancy display signs a few months ago. It worked one day and was great (saved me hanging around 25 minutes for a bus) and then didnt work again for about 3 months. It works all the time now, I love it.

None around my house yet, but I've used the one in Rathmines a few times. Tis wonderful!

wasn't there some issue around them being delayed because they don't display in irish as the primary language?

Now they can start working on making it a usable service. Here's a few things we've had back home for the last 25 years.

• Integrated tickets- Good for all public transport (bus, train, light rail) for 2 1/2 hours from time of purchase
    • Public transport mall- All services intersect at a central point in the city centre
    • Accessability for cyclists- Bicycle racks on all buses and bikes allowed on all trains.
    • Live arrival updates (don't need GPS if the service is run by people who give a fuck)
      • Free mulit-story car parks at all light rail stops

All that the above requires is for the service and the city in general to not be run by total morons.

Now they can start working on making it a usable service. Here's a few things we've had back home for the last 25 years.

• Integrated tickets- Good for all public transport (bus, train, light rail) for 2 1/2 hours from time of purchase
    • Public transport mall- All services intersect at a central point in the city centre
    • Accessability for cyclists- Bicycle racks on all buses and bikes allowed on all trains.
    • Live arrival updates (don't need GPS if the service is run by people who give a fuck)
      • Free mulit-story car parks at all light rail stops

All that the above requires is for the service and the city in general to not be run by total morons.

I hear you, but you'd really be better off moving to a city that already has this stuff.

If you go to Portland will you tell Carrie Brownstein to stop being really unfunny and start writing music again?

Right, all I need to do is sell my house for 40% above its current market value and then I'll be ready. You are going to love it there. I hope you don't expect me to avail of the public transport though. I'm American. I drive to the shops at the end of the road.

$8 gas is coming, man. It's coming.

The bus stop near my house got one of those fancy display signs a few months ago. It worked one day and was great (saved me hanging around 25 minutes for a bus) and then didnt work again for about 3 months. It works all the time now, I love it.

Me (and most of the other ugos) are all for these fancy displays..

Me (and most of the other ugos) are all for these fancy displays..

Nothing puts a smile on my face like a happy ugo, or at least a story of ugos being happy, I wouldn't want to actually look at one.

Seriously though, I think it is a great first step for Dublin Bus and I support anything that makes it a better and more usable service. My problem with Dublin Bus is that they just do everything so back asswards. I find it a very uncomfortable experience, it gets very dear if you actually have to transfer to another bus or mode of public transport and half the time I end up waiting 45 minutes for a bus that comes every 15 minutes which in the end renders it so unrelieable as to be un-usable. I'm a cyclist, I hate waiting, even at red lights.

I hope I didn't offend you Ferox with the jibe about ugos. Sure I live in Finglas, we're all ugly here, except for Christy Dignam, he's well fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back