Driving west coast US (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter unt
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 869
  • Watchers 1

unt

Around Califonia and maybe up to Oregon. Anyone done it?
Any tips on car rentals for 2 weeks?
Sights to be seen other then the streets of San Francisco?
Cousins we can crash with?:rolleyes:

no cousins. redwood forests... loads of random cool beaches that only the locals seem to know about. pretend your going sufring and they'll tell you where they are. humbolt couty (usa amsterdam..sorta)... take your time.. oregon river gorge thingy... loads of other shit i missed.

I rented a Dodge Caravan for a few weeks with the missus in San Francisco. It was a 7 seater SUV, we got the model where all the rear seats come down flush with the floor. We got an inflatable mattress and slept in the back. Great craic altogether! I don't remember how much it cost but it wasn't cheap, maybe around 1,500 yoers for three weeks but it was well worth it.

We drove to Humboldt and smoked it up, as captain a suggested. Nothing like Amsterdam weed though, this shit is rocket fuel and will knock you out for the day with a one skinner.

After that we drove back down south and then across to Yosemite park. I don't remember the camp site we stayed at but it was about a 40 min drive from the 'town' with the shops. That was great fun, barbeque every night, amazing walks. Highly recommended.

We drove from there to Death Valley which has to be seen to be believed. It was hot hot hot though, pouring water over ourselves in the middle of the night to cool down.

From there we went to Vegas and slept in the Circus Circus car park, right at the top. You wouldn't be able to afford a room with that kind of view EVER, I tells ya. We got snared by a security guard towards the end. We told him that we lived close by with a mate but got hammered the night before and didn't want to be irresponsible and drink and drive. He let us off and shook our hand! Moved to another carpark after that. The parking is free in loads of places in the states.

From there it was an epic drive back to LA. We did the Fear and Loathing route backwards and ended up in Barstow, kip of a town with a KFC straight from the 70s, the people working behind the counter had probably been there since then too.

In LA we parked up in Beverly Hills for the laugh. We were woke up at 5am with the sound of people running towards us and thought we were rumbled but it was actually groups and groups of health nut yanks going for a morning jog. After that we stayed around Venice Beach and the outskirts of Hollywood. Not Hollywood itself which is a kip of giant proportions.

Back to SF and we kipped around Haight and Golden Gate Park, the panhandle. A really worthwhile experience. Though there's some mad road rules they work by in the States. You can turn right on a red light if you're at a crossroads with no pedestrians. Some cars have RED indicators so what you may think is a huge lorry with one brake light out and one blinking on and off is actually indicating to move into your lane thus nearly crushing you in the ensuing confusion. Other than that you'll have a great time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back