DEAF 2007 (1 Viewer)

Nice work Neilo.

Is it just me or has DEAF gotten smaller with each passing year, after begining with a big hoopla?

Nice work Neilo.

Is it just me or has DEAF gotten smaller with each passing year, after begining with a big hoopla?
YEAH... THEY SHOT THEIR LOAD WITHTHE STOREHOUSE GIGS.. AND RUBBISH PROMOTION HASN'T HELPED. UNREADABLE POSTERS, NO ATTEMPT TO ATTRACT CASUAL FANS/PEOPLE WHO DON'T ALREADY KNOW ALL THE ACTS. NOT GOOD FOR A FESTIVAL BUZZ.

YOU HARDLY HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT DEAF THESE DAYS!

Shwantology Asia will be worth a look. Droid and Slug's other Shwantology mixes can be found here.

That's Yoshimi.

they were cool last year. especially rollers/sparkers and the one we put on.

i'm replying to every post in this thread.

YEAH... THEY SHOT THEIR LOAD WITHTHE STOREHOUSE GIGS.. AND RUBBISH PROMOTION HASN'T HELPED. UNREADABLE POSTERS, NO ATTEMPT TO ATTRACT CASUAL FANS/PEOPLE WHO DON'T ALREADY KNOW ALL THE ACTS. NOT GOOD FOR A FESTIVAL BUZZ.

Nice work Neilo.

I want Deaf's own Karen Walshe on the frontpage - Hottie!

I heard DJ Krush was meant to be playing at this. Was that a lie?

Dunno.

Very very true,most if the stuff I would have gone to last year,I only heard about in retrospect.
Cant wait to see the boredoms again tho,insane live show

Hey Bordoms are playing (No dude they're a Japanese band not a description of D1 style techno!)

http://www.deafireland.com/index_bordoms.htm

I write this purely to gain may very own nEilo reply tm

Hey dude are you going to 606 - surely you can't be for battles again!

kp

Battles. The lady wants to go and it's her burfday. Might go to Clark afterwards though. Might see you in Ryan's before.

What a stupid website, everything up there is "Coming Soon"! For such a large festival, you'd think they'd update their pages with at least a press bio or two. They can't even spell Boredoms right!

well its good to hear good old Irish enthusiasm & support coming in for our small independent festival....thanks guys! I really don't know what you think our organisation consists of but let me briefly explain to you...we're a team of 2 people, we get help from friends to get the site up & running amongst other jobs, & we have very little funding when you get into the logistics of putting on a festival, so i would hope a little patience wouldn't be too much to ask.

We're now in our 6th year & doing pretty well, yes we kicked off in 2002 with a big night in the Guinness Storehouse but we felt after being there twice (2 nights in 03) it was time to come up with a new format, sorry if you don't like it but attendance figures over the years prove that some out there do....Coil in Dublin City Hall for example. For the person who was frustrated that our schedule wasn't online (3 months in advance...??) i wonder what festival does have its schedule up that early, i know one recent fest that didn't have the lineup online til the week of. Anyway, we're not interested to get into a silly tit-for-tat negative debate about whether we're ticking all your boxes or not, its difficult to keep everyone happy all the time & we know this. We're proud of what we do, and we work very hard all year (with little remuneration) to put on this event. So if you're still interested we've now completed the schedule which is all on the site www.deafireland.com, & we've just finished our new publication (designed by Niall Sweeney) which is in the printers & should be on the streets free by first week in Oct. Look forward to seeing some of you over the DEAF weekend if it doesn't kill you first with frustration!

thanks
Karen

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back